• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Future

Grass

Smash Lord
With Smash 4 on both portable and console, what will happen to this game? I'm curious as a lot of people were tired of dealing with the mechanics in this game. Whether or not you got used to them or not.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Most tournaments in my country are supporting smash 4 over brawl and still keep melee and 64, also project M. My guess is that most people interes would shift towards smash 4, it seems like a better game to be honest.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I can only hope that people will continue hosting and attending Brawl tournaments. Outside the competitive scene Brawl is widely accepted as the best in the series. This might be due to the Wii being more successful than the Wii U(which could change over time).

Even though Smash 4 is out I've still found time to play Brawl. Since I've been playing Brawl for about six years I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.

Grass

Smash Lord
I can only hope that people will continue hosting and attending Brawl tournaments. Outside the competitive scene Brawl is widely accepted as the best in the series. This might be due to the Wii being more successful than the Wii U(which could change over time).
There's a lot of negative things I can say about this statement and it saddens me that I can do so.

Melee was superior to brawl in brawl's time. The Wii was not as successful as the Wii U in the current. Hell people didn't even like the Wii until Sony and MS started hopping on the motion control bandwagon.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Melee was superior to brawl in brawl's time. The Wii was not as successful as the Wii U in the current. Hell people didn't even like the Wii until Sony and MS started hopping on the motion control bandwagon.
The Wii U is Nintendo's 3rd best selling console now? Not even close. But maybe with time the Wii U can reach the same level of success that the Wii did.

Why did you bring Melee up? We weren't even talking about it. Even so, Brawl sold way more than Melee did and was received with greater praise. There are plenty of people who didn't like Brawl (Some even say they hate it), but not enough to effect it's overall reception.

Melee was superior to brawl
Let's not get into an argument over this. I thought that you created this thread because you actually cared if people continued to play this game or not. All I did was point out that many people would keep playing Brawl and that I also continue to enjoy it. I'm not here to say: "Lol, Brawl is da best gam evr Melle and Sm4sh fugz can suk it." I've played every Smash game and enjoy all of them. Melee and Smash 4 are great and I hold no ill will towards those games and the people who enjoy them. Maybe you misunderstood the intent of my previous post so you felt you needed to say something. That's fine. I don't hold that against you. But the constant arguments occurring over which Smash Brothers game is the best are immature and I'd rather not get involved.

So I think it's time for me to bail. Good day.

Grass

Smash Lord
The Wii U is Nintendo's 3rd best selling console now? Not even close. But maybe with time the Wii U can reach the same level of success that the Wii did.
It's been roughly a year and a half and there have been more Wii U consoles sold in NA alone compared to the other 2 major consoles on the market. Smash Wii U helped move the system along greatly and now people are enjoying the console more so than before. Let's face it, the system was terrible at launch. Everyone knows this.

Let's not get into an argument over this. I thought that you created this thread because you actually cared if people continued to play this game or not. All I did was point out that many people would keep playing Brawl and that I also continue to enjoy it. I'm not here to say: "Lol, Brawl is da best gam evr Melle and Sm4sh fugz can suk it." I've played every Smash game and enjoy all of them. Melee and Smash 4 are great and I hold no ill will towards those games and the people who enjoy them. Maybe you misunderstood the intent of my previous post so you felt you needed to say something. That's fine. I don't hold that against you. But the constant arguments occurring over which Smash Brothers game is the best are immature and I'd rather not get involved.

So I think it's time for me to bail. Good day.
I created this thread to see how many people cared about the game as a whole. If you want to brawlfag do it elsewhere. Second of all, there was never a single instance where I mentioned which game was better. But for the time brawl was out, people were dissatisfied with the game. I simply said what was on everybody's mind at the time that brawl was going big in the community.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
With Brawl being my favorite i would hate to see it be forgotten with Smash 4 now released. Which i doubt will happen, but it still would be a sad ending for Brawl.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
I don't know why, but recently, casuals are joining the hate party too. I can understand why a melee player would hate brawl, and bash it, but now some ignorant people who have no knowledge of the game starts to make fun of it too. And it isn't helping that the moderators are locking down any brawl posts about these type of controversies.

Grass

Smash Lord
I don't know why, but recently, casuals are joining the hate party too. I can understand why a melee player would hate brawl, and bash it, but now some ignorant people who have no knowledge of the game starts to make fun of it too. And it isn't helping that the moderators are locking down any brawl posts about these type of controversies.
not sure who you're talking about, but I'm not here to bash the game. I think Brawl at a competitive level was terrible but as a stand-a-lone game, it's pretty good. I only said that I don't think the game has much of a future with Smash 4 out.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I enjoyed Brawl a hell of a lot, and sunk about 500+ hours into the game between my own copy and several friends'. But I will admit that its time is coming. It maybe have a small devoted following even years from now, but I see it becoming completely obsoleted by 4 by a few years time.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
It died with PM 3.0 release. It's skeleton was burned to ash with Smash 4's Wii U release.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Good Riddance. I hope you had the time of your life, Brawl. /greendayfanplug

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I still play it and looking at Melee and Smash 4 videos, I can say that Brawl is my favourite and that I hate the other Smash Bros. games.
This is just my opinion though. I respect the competitive scene.

Top Bottom