• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEx Not Working!

64smashmaster3ds

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKMNMaster
3DS FC
3368-3792-2945
Switch FC
SW-8128-4432-7031
Hey guys, I trying to use BrawlEx but it's not working for me.
So basically I'm trying to add Mewtwo (and more fighters soon) to Brawl using: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=Mewtwo&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=Update+3:&AudioSource=&MainType=-1. But every time I boot up the game and go to the CSS all of the fighters portraits are gone. Sadly for me, I've never had success with BrawlEx...
Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Edit: I removed all of my mods and followed Sammi Husky's tutorial. I put in everything except the cosmetics (assuming that Lucario's cosmetics will appear.) Now, the only problem is that the new icon show up as Random and crash when highlighting it. How can I fix that?

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
So, did you already fix this? If not, please tell me step by step what you did and show a photo of each directory under the "BrawlEx" folder.

64smashmaster3ds

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKMNMaster
3DS FC
3368-3792-2945
Switch FC
SW-8128-4432-7031
So, did you already fix this? If not, please tell me step by step what you did and show a photo of each directory under the "BrawlEx" folder.
Well, now I started using the latest Brawl Minus as a base and really haven't worked on BrawlEx much. They loaded successfully. I may give a update whenever I try to add new fighters.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Okay, i'm going to put the instructions needed to make a simple clone, just in case you sometime end up needing them.

You will need a hex editor, here's the one i use: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Step 1: Copy all config files of the fighter you will be cloning, and duplicate them, give the duplicate files the 3F id (or 40 or 41 or 42 and so on if you got another exfighter using those ids) and give the original unmodified files the same id as their original fighter, this is so the original fighter can still work correctly.

Step 2: Open Fighter3F.dat in a hex editor, change "fighternamegoeshere/FitFighterNameGoesHere.pac" to whatever folder and .pac file you will use DO NOT CHANGE THE KIRBY HAT STRING TO AVOID ISSUES. Change the internal fighter name to the name of the new fighter (or just name it "FIGHTERNAMEEX", and "ft_fightername.rel" to whatever .rel filename you want
NOTE: Without quotes of course

Step 3: Copy the .rel module of the character you will clone from the BrawlEx/ExModules folder to the private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/modules directory, and rename it to the .rel name you set up in step 2, open it in Module Editor and edit the module id to 8F, 90, 91, 92 and so on depending of which module ids have you used up. Edit the first value in Section[8] BUT DO NOT DELETE ANY ZEROS, instead go to the end of that first value and change that to 3F or whatever id did you assign to your clone fighter.

Step 4: Make sure you have the appropiate fighter files in pf/fighter/fighternamehere and add the fighter id to the CSS using your favorite method (either spunit262's custom CSS code or BrawlEx CSS expansion)

Step 5: Test your new clone!

This was copypasted from other post of mine.

Last edited:

IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0687-0844-4885
I tried and I did everything I could, but it has not worked, because, in 2 days ago, the Brawl Roster was gone:

And I tried the second time since yesterday and today on the morning. And I was created my Clone, and I just added Lucina, and I tried how does works my clone on Dolphin Emulator, and, My clone doesn't appear. And here's another Glitch for this:

It appeared 2 Random Icons, and I tried, and the Game is freeze!

I have the same problem too

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I tried and I did everything I could, but it has not worked, because, in 2 days ago, the Brawl Roster was gone:

And I tried the second time since yesterday and today on the morning. And I was created my Clone, and I just added Lucina, and I tried how does works my clone on Dolphin Emulator, and, My clone doesn't appear. And here's another Glitch for this:

It appeared 2 Random Icons, and I tried, and the Game is freeze!

I have the same problem too
That doesn't help much, i need to know exactly what did you do to clone a fighter and add it into the CSS.

Top Bottom