• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbox Texture Import Problems

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to import Selmap texture into a sc_selmap.pac located on my SD card using Brawlbox. For some reason though, it doesn't show up in the texture folder (NW4R) but it does seem to take up space for some reason.

Is there a different way to import textures into a .pac file without Brawlbox or am I just doing it wrong?

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
Bad wording, sorry.
What I mean is that I was trying to import an image (png) so that I could add new preview images (the ones at the stage selection) for new maps that I had added to Brawl. I know you can replace an existing map image for a new one but I was hoping to import a new image since I had expanded my map list.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Ahh.

I figure that you can open Selmap with BrawlBox, right-click MiscData[80], select "Import Textures", then choose the image you want to import. Note that I had to shrink my previews to 88x88 and index the images just so I could fill my roster to the maximum.
Or you can do what I did and use a Selmap that already has the maximum amount of images you can place and just replace the images as you see fit. Let me look for the link.

EDIT: Found it faster than I thought.

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
Thanks.

Found out it kept being named NewNode so I changed the names.
Apparently, that did nothing at all..

I'm going to try exporting/importing various stuff.
I think the CSS screws it up.

EDIT: I've just decided to delete the custom stage selection. It gets annoying.

Sir_Ham_Sandwhich

Smash Rookie
to what level do you index the images to fill the roster? and what program did you use GIMP or photoshop?

Top Bottom