• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox BRSTM problems

CazooKantrip

Smash Rookie
I've finally found the time to get into the task of customizing my PM build, and the first thing I have attempted to start with is music. Unfortunately I have run into a series of problems, most of which I have been able to solve on my own, though there is one I can't seem to figure out.

Every time I take my Audacity edited .wav file and attempt to run it through the "BRSTM Audio Stream", it results in something strange.

When Play is hit, It just makes a single crackle for a fraction of a second.. Sorry to make a thread about it, but I wanna start customizing right away.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
It looks like the .wav file you made is only 8 frames (44100 in a second) long. You need to re-create your .wav file and make sure that it encompasses the whole song

CazooKantrip

Smash Rookie
It looks like the .wav file you made is only 8 frames (44100 in a second) long. You need to re-create your .wav file and make sure that it encompasses the whole song
The audio file I'm trying to run through BrawlBox is 4mins and 19sec long, though. The full song has been successfully translated into a .wav, so is there something i'm missing that would otherwise mean "encompass the whole song"?

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what the problem is, in that case. It seems that you've done things exactly the way I have, and it works just fine for me. The only anomaly is your frequency. I don't THINK that would mess it up, but that's my only guess. Try reseting it to 44100 or 22050. I would also suggest re-making your .wav file, just in case. Sometimes it's best to just start fresh, and the problems sort themselves out. Sorry I couldn't help more, but I haven't had this problem before.

CazooKantrip

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure what the problem is, in that case. It seems that you've done things exactly the way I have, and it works just fine for me. The only anomaly is your frequency. I don't THINK that would mess it up, but that's my only guess. Try reseting it to 44100 or 22050. I would also suggest re-making your .wav file, just in case. Sometimes it's best to just start fresh, and the problems sort themselves out. Sorry I couldn't help more, but I haven't had this problem before.
No worries, Yeah I might just try to re-edit the .mp3. It IS quite the anomaly though, I tried to tinker with the frequency but to no avail. So back to audacity it is.

Also thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

CazooKantrip

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: I've tried 3 different songs, and i'm getting this same constant issue. Other tracks have the same window appear as in the picture I provided, though some show that 11 or 9 Samples were read instead of 8. Seemingly random and minuscule number of samples. My patience grows thin for now, I will revisit this, possibly on a new computer, to see if its a system issue. Which honestly (provided, the luck I have on this computer) I would not be surprised if it was the case.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Get a newer brawlbox version. .63 is outdated as hell.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Is there a newer version? I only see Brawlbox .63d

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Go to brawlvault. .73 is the latest version.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Here's the problem.
You see the rate of it? It's at 32000 Hz.

All of the Brstms made go to at least 44100 Hz.

Here's how.

1. Open up audacity or whatever program you use.

2. Put the audio file you want to use into it and start trimming if necessary.

3. Look on the bottom right corner for Project rate. According to your situation, yours should say 32000Hz. Now click the arrow next to it and it will show you a list of frequencies. Click on 44100Hz.

3. Remember to export it out, don't save as. It makes the procedures easier.

4. When you export it, make sure you save the type as Wav (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM.

When that's done, go ahead and give it a test.

All versions expect the ones without Brstm support will work. Its not a versions problem, It's how you make your audio files.

Last edited:

Afro-Alchemist

Smash Rookie
I had the same problem as CazooKantrip, and it was most definitely a versions problem. My frequency was already 44100 Hz with the problem, once I downloaded the newest version, it is now working perfectly. Thank you Xermo.

Nyan_lol765

Smash Rookie
I was having a similar problem, where the audio was low-pitched, and I hadnt modded for a while (in this case I'm using brawlbox to edit MKWII) and I was accidentally signing it to 32-bit pcm, so I followed your advice and it worked again!

Yes, I know I'm replying 10 years later (wow) but I just wanted to say in case anyone else finds this
thanks TheDarkMysteryMan

Last edited:
Top Bottom