• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbeque Brawl Singles/Doubles - TRACY, CA 6/21/08

grandeur

Smash Rookie
WE HAVE FOUND A LOCATION!!! IT WILL BE HELD AT MOUNTAIN MIKES IN TRACY, IF YOU COME AND PAY THE REGISTRATION FEE, I WILL BE POOLING ALL OF THE MONEY TOGETHER FOR SODA/PIZZA FOR EVERYONE!!!

TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, GET THEM TO SIGN UP, HELP MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT A HUGE SUCCESS!

Because of the success of the last tournament, I have decided to go for larger-scale. Larger entry fee, two events, much larger prizes.

Due to the scale of this event, I will not be entering in order to make sure everything goes as well as it did the first time.

I am making this posting to reserve the date in the Northern California/Bay Area/Central Valley so that we can get attendance as high as possible.

I am, however, looking for six more volunteers to come with a complete station. Currently we are looking at ten stations, or at least that is my goal. Your registration fee will be waived if you can bring a "complete station" (Wii/TV/SSBB). If you and a friend together can make a complete station, only one of you will have your registration fee waived. If you somehow manage to have the ability to bring multiple stations, $5 will be deducted from your entry fee for the event of your choice for every station you bring.

I am hoping this is going to be huge, so please get to me as soon as possible.

Singles: $10
Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per entrant)

That means $20 flat for TWO events! This is to help ENCOURAGE entering into both events! Find a friend, start practicing 2v2 more! If you don't have a partner, post a shout out here or start a discussion for finding partners.

With entry fees like these, we are looking at something like $150 for first place in singles, and about the same for the doubles tournament if we make the numbers I am expecting (64+ for the singles, and 32 teams for the doubles).

Please, please set this date aside so we can have another successful Tracy event. As I had said talking to a few people at the first Brawlbeque that was held at the LAN center in Tracy, if interest continues to grow, I am up for devoting the time necessary to make a full-blown league with seedings and regular events, as well as multiple games.

CONTACT ME ON AIM: ROBPSIMPSON

Rules for singles are the following, with a few changes from the last event. Doubles rules are most likely going to be just about the same, except with Team Attack ENABLED.

Prize money thus far is looking something like this (ASSUMING WE GET 35 PAYING ENTRANTS TO SHOW):

1st-$200
2nd-$100
3rd-$50

First place will be a MINIMUM of $150, prize money will increase ( OR DECREASE ) depending upon attendance.

There is a good chance I will have more prizes beyond third once I get a general feel of whether or not people are attending in the numbers I am hoping for!

WE HAVE FOUND A LOCATION!!! IT WILL BE HELD AT MOUNTAIN MIKES IN TRACY, IF YOU COME AND PAY THE REGISTRATION FEE, I WILL BE POOLING ALL OF THE MONEY TOGETHER FOR SODA/PIZZA FOR EVERYONE!!!

TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, GET THEM TO SIGN UP, HELP MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT A HUGE SUCCESS!

Name: MOUNTAIN MIKE'S PIZZA
Address: 2242 W Grant Line Rd Ste 104
TRACY, California, United States
Notes: BE THERE BY 10 AM, WE WANT TO GET EVERYTHING SET UP AND GET THE MATCHES GOING BY 11 AM, SO SHOW UP!!! STILL LOOKING FOR EVEN MORE STATIONS!!!

General Rules:
3 Stock
8 Minute Time Limit
Best two out of three advances
Double Elimination
NO ITEMS
It will be best three of five in the championship, if players have already played earlier in the bracket (example: you play the person that knocked you into the loser bracket in the Loser Bracket Finals) then the score will be carried over into the current match and it will become a best of eleven series.

Stages:

Neutral
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd

COUNTERPICKING
Player that puts his controller in first should choose his character first.
Either player has the right to request a double blind character selection.
First stage is agreed upon or selected randomly from the Neutral Stage list.
The loser of a game may select a stage from the Neutral OR Counterpick stage lists as long as it is not a stage that has been previously played on in the set

AiB link: http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=864

Top Bottom