• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl + works, but not the custom songs?

CF4000

Smash Rookie
Hello all you, Super Smashians, like, I'm in a pickle of a jam of a problem.
I wanted to replace the few songs that I thought were shiddy in Brawl with way better Touhou ones.
But yeah like, with some (By some I mean alot, I'm new to all this hacking rhubarb) doing, I got both Homebrew and Brawl +, both work real good, but like, the whole thing where like, you get a BRSTM file and rename it to the song-you-want-to-replace's code name, that didn't work.
Like, first I wanted to test it out, I got Legend of Tohno from BrawlCustomMusic.com, renamed it to L03 to replace Environmental Noises, placed it in E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm, it was right there in the strm file, but when I started Brawl + (Different character roster and everything), I wasn't greeted by Tohno or his Legend, only by the chirpings of the very same avian horrors that I tried replacing.

Please do show me how it's done, Smash Boards, any help is appreciated. :urg:

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Hrm...
The only thing I can think of is that there's some sort of problem with the BRSTM itself...

Actually, do you use a North American version of Brawl, or a European/PAL version of it? I somehow doubt that could be the issue, but it's the only other thing I can think of(especially if none of the stages have been changed or if some characters are the same as their regular Brawl counterpart, like tipping Marth's Forward Air makes the foe go up in Brawl Plus, for example.)

But, odds are it's something wrong with the BRSTM.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Check for typos in the folder names...

Also if you are using the PAL code (which you didn't mention) you might be using an old version that doesn't support music.

Top Bottom