• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Song Manager error

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
I'm guessing this works with project M also. But that's not the issue. You see I was trying to change to in game volume of my custom songs and other songs in the game using brawl song manager, and then I saved that to my GCT Codeset. Then when I played it nothing happened. So then I oppened up brawl song manager and this error occured.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BrawlSongManager.MainForm.saveGCTCodesetToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1063.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlSongManager
Assembly Version: 3.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gunman1357/Downloads/Project%20M%20Info/BrawlBox/Brawl%20box%20custom%20manager/BrawlSongManager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
BrawlLib
Assembly Version: 0.23.5717.31055
Win32 Version: 0.23.1.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gunman1357/Downloads/Project%20M%20Info/BrawlBox/Brawl%20box%20custom%20manager/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
BrawlManagerLib
Assembly Version: 3.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gunman1357/Downloads/Project%20M%20Info/BrawlBox/Brawl%20box%20custom%20manager/BrawlManagerLib.DLL
OpenTK
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.278.44921
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gunman1357/Downloads/Project%20M%20Info/BrawlBox/Brawl%20box%20custom%20manager/OpenTK.DLL
WindowsBase
Win32 Version: 4.6.1063.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I believe this holds the key to my issue. But I don't know what the problem is and what this information means.

Last edited:

Sundark

Smash Apprentice
How many song volume codes are you trying to add? BSM can only handle I think a maximum of 62 volume codes, as I've recently discovered. Refer to this post for an explanation. This might not be the exact problem, but if it's giving you something about terminators, it's likely it is. Also be sure you have the most recent version.

Last edited:

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
Alot. I was making a music pack, and they worked fine. I just wanted to adjust the volume of the songs in game, But I think I have an Idea of how to fix it.

That didn't work. When I looked for the code for Global Song Volume Mod [standardtoaster, Magus]
041CA05C 388000XX I couldn't find it. I tried to put in the code using GCT Edit however it said error input size must be divisable by 16. So I then tried to put the code in by making it a txt. doc and then putting it back into a GCT but it still doesn't read the code.

Is there anyway you can just show me or tell me how to equalize my songs all to 80, and no it isn't the brtsm.

Alright I fixed it. I just had to be very careful what songs I Equalized. Cant do it to everysong thats of by 5 DB, as you said before I changed the equalization of too many songs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom