• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Rules Help?

Duh1Chicken

Smash Rookie
Hello. I am fairly new at competitive brawling and so I had a question...
What does it mean in the Brawl Ruleset that "If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins" ??
Could someone please explain this to me please. Thank you.

You know how Kirby has Inhale as a move right? The one where he eats his opponent so he can steal their powers and stuff?

Okay so lets say you're Kirby and you inhale some dude.
You didn't take his power yet, you're just letting him sit in your stomach for a bit.
Then while that dude is still in your stomach, you walk off the stage and fall to your death.
Yes, you kill yourself while the dude is still in your stomach.
Both of you lose a stock, but who lost the stock first?
Surely that matters, right?

WRONG. That rule that you're confused about dictates that it doesn't matter who lost their stock first. It doesn't matter what the victory screen says. The person who did the suicide attack (Kirby) will win regardless.

This kind of stuff isn't exclusive to Kirby. Off the top of my head, Wario, King Dedede, Ganondorf and Bowser can do this as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom