• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ PSA Help?

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
Recently, I got back into playing Brawl+. Problem is, I can't seem to get any PSA or textures, that I download from here and Kitty Corp, to work properly. I place them in their proper fighter folders like I used to do. Do I have to place them somewhere else now?

:phone:

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Did you name them correctly?

If you're using Riivolution, did you remember to update your .xml to reflect any file changes?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
To get textures to work you need to make it so that it doesn't replace the base .pac files for characters like you should see in the fighter directory. An example would be like FitLink.PAC you do not want to replace this. However you do lets say for Link Skins put the .pcs file related to file unless theres vertex edit then you would need the .pac in conjuction with the .pcs file.

example in Links folder you want to put FitLink02.PCS in the link folder if theres a vertex done then you would need to add in the .pac but name it to go along with the .pcs so you would want a file that Says FitLink02.PCS and FitLink02.PAC

Be aware though that characters such as sheik/zelda Samus (Zss) if playing with transforms and even when stocks are lost during a match to keep the Skin in tact you need both otherwise when you transform or die in a match the skin will go back to the default color.

So for Zelda and Sheik for example you would locate their folders again would be in the fighter folder and would need (lets say you have a minda outfit ) then the correct files you would want a FitZelda01.PAC FitZelda01.PCS FitSheik01.PAC FitSheik01.PCS in order for the skins to work properly.

Rinse and repeat for all characters you want to make skins for.

WARNING if you use a PSA for a character like lets say the Scott Pilgrim one thats out if you put that in over Lucas.PAC then Lucas will no longer exist in the game. Hence it is not possible to have 2 different characters use 1 character ID. Would need a Clone Engine for it to work properly.

Also not to sound mean or cruel but B+ is dead primarily. Its fun to play with friends and what not but even so I would strongly suggest or advise to play B+ 5.0rC1 (Search google you'll find it) due to 7.0 aka the Gold version (again not to sound mean) Primarily was a big disappointment. But feel free to play any version you want. Again I mean no offense to the creators. R.I.P. B+

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
Did you name them correctly?

If you're using Riivolution, did you remember to update your .xml to reflect any file changes?
I believe that I named them correctly and I use GeckoOS V 1.9.3 (probably should've stated that first)

example in Links folder you want to put FitLink02.PCS in the link folder if theres a vertex done then you would need to add in the .pac but name it to go along with the .pcs so you would want a file that Says FitLink02.PCS and FitLink02.PAC
I've been doing that yet no results o.O

WARNING if you use a PSA for a character like lets say the Scott Pilgrim one thats out if you put that in over Lucas.PAC then Lucas will no longer exist in the game. Hence it is not possible to have 2 different characters use 1 character ID. Would need a Clone Engine for it to work properly.
I'm aware, I normally put the originally fighter pac on my computer or flash drive. Brawl+ is dead? That sucks and the version doesn't really matter to me but I shall try that other version that you mentioned

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
hmmm that is odd because that usually works. Maybe try defraging your SD card. I know when you put different music in and it doesn't work properly usually Defraging the SD card works so maybe the same might apply to textures.

Also check the file of the .pac and .pcs if they are the same size it wont work considering they are different compressions. A way to fix that is go into Brawlbox open your .pcs file that you want to use then just save as .pac it should convert it correctly to let it work.

so either one of those 2 methods. If it doesn't work then idk.

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
hmmm that is odd because that usually works. Maybe try defraging your SD card. I know when you put different music in and it doesn't work properly usually Defraging the SD card works so maybe the same might apply to textures.

Also check the file of the .pac and .pcs if they are the same size it wont work considering they are different compressions. A way to fix that is go into Brawlbox open your .pcs file that you want to use then just save as .pac it should convert it correctly to let it work.

so either one of those 2 methods. If it doesn't work then idk.
Not to sound ignorant, but how do you defrag a SD card? Also, I do not have Brawlbox

It could be that the File Patch Code is somehow missing from your .gct.
That may be the problem. The .gct that was included in the Gold V 7.0.3 did not work for me so I've been using the .gct I was using a year or 2 ago (idk what version of Brawl+ that was :/)

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
To Defrag your SD Card simply go to where the SD card is located. Click on the Device Drive such as lets say for example (E:) Right click the drive Icon and go to properties. Then you will see 3 different options Such as Error-Checking, Defragmentation, and Backup.

Click on the Defragmentation's button that says Defragment Now...

after you click on that you want to go into the new window where you will see like 4 different buttons the only ones you have to worry about is Analyze and Defragment

Click Analyze it will give you a pop-up saying such device doesn't need to be Defragmented (Ingore that Pop-Up) and Defrag anyways. It will roughly take about I wanna say like 1-3 minutes depending on whats on the SD card but it wont take long.

That should fix it. And sorry for the late response. But regardless It may be your old .GCT also. I'm pretty sure if you look around you should be able to find the .GCT list for the Gold version which is 7.0.3. and find the file replacement code. To add it in theres an easy way of doing so if it isn't there but you need the program that will allow to manage .gct's. I have the program on my SD card if you want it. or Look up .GCT I believe its called GCT Cheat Code Manager.

Also I would refrain from using Gecko 1.9.3 ... Imho 1.9.1 or 1.9.0 work best imho.

Tbqh I don't know why it would not be there in the first place.

anymore questions just shoot me a Private Messege. I'll try to help anyway I can.

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
To Defrag your SD Card simply go to where the SD card is located. Click on the Device Drive such as lets say for example (E:) Right click the drive Icon and go to properties. Then you will see 3 different options Such as Error-Checking, Defragmentation, and Backup.

Click on the Defragmentation's button that says Defragment Now...

after you click on that you want to go into the new window where you will see like 4 different buttons the only ones you have to worry about is Analyze and Defragment

Click Analyze it will give you a pop-up saying such device doesn't need to be Defragmented (Ingore that Pop-Up) and Defrag anyways. It will roughly take about I wanna say like 1-3 minutes depending on whats on the SD card but it wont take long.

That should fix it. And sorry for the late response. But regardless It may be your old .GCT also. I'm pretty sure if you look around you should be able to find the .GCT list for the Gold version which is 7.0.3. and find the file replacement code. To add it in theres an easy way of doing so if it isn't there but you need the program that will allow to manage .gct's. I have the program on my SD card if you want it. or Look up .GCT I believe its called GCT Cheat Code Manager.

Also I would refrain from using Gecko 1.9.3 ... Imho 1.9.1 or 1.9.0 work best imho.

Tbqh I don't know why it would not be there in the first place.

anymore questions just shoot me a Private Messege. I'll try to help anyway I can.
Sorry for the late response (school and band (gone from 7:00AM-8:00PM =_=)) and Brawl Gold V 7.0.3 had the .GCT included but they couldn't even apply the brawl+ changes =_=

Top Bottom