• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl (online?) today

Spatman

Smash Ace
Hi all! Maybe it's my first post in this board, I'm not sure.
I'm having much fun with Ultimate (but maybe I hoped to have even more fun...) but its release made me willing to explore better a game I couldn't explore how I should do, back in the days.
In my city (well, in my State as a whole, actually) there almost never was a brawl community, with brawl tournaments and so on; moreover, here it suffers particularly the "social" stigma this game had (it isn't considered a competitive game, or rather it's considered a kind of a not funny joke), so I couldn't either start a new community.
But I'd like to explore this game from a competitive point of view, even if it's so different from melee or ultimate I think it is however a good competitive and funnny game (even with all its flaws)

is there a way to play it at least online nowadays? and are there enough players still today? obviously I own the original disc and I still own my Nintendo Wii bough in 2006

ISolox

Smash Rookie
Not as you would back in 2006. The only way you're going to be able to play online with it now is via netplay and soft modding. The original servers shutdown a long time ago.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Not as you would back in 2006. The only way you're going to be able to play online with it now is via netplay and soft modding. The original servers shutdown a long time ago.
I know about the servers shutdown. But so a way exists.
Is it allowed to speak about it in this forum?

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I know about the servers shutdown. But so a way exists.
Is it allowed to speak about it in this forum?
Yeah, there's a way. It's called wiimmfi.

Also, if you're interested in learning about Brawl/playing Brawl, I can send you a link to the Brawl discord if you want. We have a somewhat active community and I'm sure there'd be some people willing to walk you through the process of setting up online.

It's always cool to see people willing to give Brawl a try. It's such an under-appreciated game these days.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
Yeah, there's a way. It's called wiimmfi.

Also, if you're interested in learning about Brawl/playing Brawl, I can send you a link to the Brawl discord if you want. We have a somewhat active community and I'm sure there'd be some people willing to walk you through the process of setting up online.

It's always cool to see people willing to give Brawl a try. It's such an under-appreciated game these days.
oh, thank you! I'd appreciate it very much!

Top Bottom