• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Swapping Issue

mysteryracer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sacredrose
I'm a newbie at Brawl Hacking, so forgive me if my questions sound naive.

Anyway, I've been following WackaAlpaca's tutorial on injecting models from other games into Brawl, so I could fulfill my dream of putting Gold Lightan into the game. I've pretty much exported the .FPK file from the ISO, extracted it, and have completely hexed the .brres files, so it it fully viewable and editable in BrawlBox v.0.67.

However, I'm running into a big difficulty spike, because that's pretty much where WackaAlpaca ended his tutorials at. I am now left with a model that is supposedly fully compatible with Brawl, yet I can't seem to be able to replace it with an existing model. Usually, I could take a model like the Zako Ball and replace it with the Knuckle Joe model by extracting the MDL0 file from Knuckle Joe's .pac file and replacing Zako Ball's model file with it. When I tried doing the same thing by extracting Gold Lightan's MDL0 file and replacing Donkey Kong's model data with it, it gave me an unhandled exception error message:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I even checked the bones to make sure that Gold Lightan had more bones than Donkey Kong, and I even tried replacing Zako Ball's MDL0 data with his and it still gave me the same error. I even tried the same things with the fully hexed Frank West model, and I still got the same error message.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I should be doing to these models before I can fully inject them?

Top Bottom