• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is finally dead...

Will you stick with Brawl?

• Forever and ever...

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No way! It's completely inferior to, like, every other smash!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'll play until there's nobody left.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll only play it for the cut characters like Snake and Pokemon Trainer.

• I didn't like how they changed my main in Smash 4 so... Yes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
With the release of Smash 4, a more balanced and complete Project M( 3.5 ) on the way, and the still striving Melee community, how could Brawl hope to compete? In the past, Brawl was more successful with the casual audience, but now Smash 4 has completely taken that away. Brawl was never popular with the competitive audience, but it is with Project M. Some people think Project M is too artificial so they stick with Melee. Brawl is also not fun to watch. Its practically a cure for insomnia. Its slow, campy, and boring to watch. So Brawl gets streamed and played on big tournamenta a lot less. Who'd want to play a game with a character that has invisibility frames, a beyond broken recovery, and unrivaled priority and combos? Who'd want to play a game with tripping? And if he's banned ( I just can't bring myself to say his name ), well you still gotta watch out for a character with game breaking infinites. So, less popularity and less players means that Brawl fans will have less people to play with so they might just quit so even less people and it just repeats itself untill there's about as many people playing Brawl as Michael Bay's fanbase.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Generally with topics like these, they never remain civil, and it usually takes until about the 4th or 5th post for them to turn nasty. While it is a legitimate debatable topic, based on past events, it will quickly diminish into nothing more than a flame and troll fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom