• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brak for Multiversus Brak for Multiversus Brak for Multiversus Brak for Multiversus

LimeTH

Smash Lord
YEAHHHH BUDDY!

1724773864612.jpeg

Hey there, everybody. My name is Brak, and I'm the star of this game!
I know it, you know it, I know it, you know it, I know it, you know it, I know it, you know it, I know it, you know it,

Who?

Brak, the catlike alien tiki mask thing above, is a former villain turned lovable chattering nitwit from the Space Ghost series.
Once a fearsome space pirate in the 1960's Space Ghost and Dino Boy cartoon, Brak returned for Cartoon Network's series of Space Ghost spinoffs starting with 1994's Space Ghost Coast to Coast, CN's first original show. Brak had survived an incident that should have killed him in the original 60's show, but as a result, in his own words, he "woke up stupid". Brak would then shout, ramble and sing his way into everyone's hearts.
He was popular enough that when that spun off into Cartoon Planet a year later, he replaced Moltar as the third character in the trio along with SG and Zorak, where he was more fleshed out as a character. He proceeded to get the most fan-mail out of the three and remained a popular character all the way into the 2000's when he got a two part special on CN and his very own show on Adult Swim, The Brak Show.
He fell to the wayside for years after The Brak Show ended, but tends to come back whenever CN wants to do a nostalgic programming block. Brak returned to host a revival of Cartoon Planet with Zorak in 2012, and is about to return once again to host Adult Swim's Checkered Past block, alongside reruns of the original Cartoon Planet, the show that brought Brak into relevance in the first place. Brak also shot back into public conciousness when he and the other SGC2C characters appeared in an episode of Jellystone last year.

Why? Why this guy?

Well first of all he's hilarious. Brak is a talkative loon and just the kind of character who would thrive in a game like this. Imagine the kind of stuff he'd say to the other characters. Imagine his announcer pack! Imagine all the funny moves he could have like dancing or splattering a can of beans or singing really loud or falling on his head (fallin' on his head)

Second, the 1990's version of Brak has a surpisingly storied history, being something of a reocurring mascot for both CN and AS. If we want more classic CN representation, who better than Brak?
If Space Ghost himself gets in, there's always the possibility they could base him off the original 60's version or the more serious incarnation from the recent comic books. If so, using the 90's CN/AS version of Brak would represent C2C and that era of CN perfectly. (though really, we all know we'd really rather have the C2C version of ol Tad Ghostal, but just in case, right?)

Third, ever since the perfect storm of his Jellystone appearance, SGC2C's 30th anniversary, a new Space Ghost comic book loosely based off the 60's show, and Brak's voice actor and C2C co-creator Andy Merrill joining Twitter and getting very involved with fans, Space Ghost at large, and especially Brak, is back on everyone's minds. Given the unfortunate state Merrill's life has been in in the past couple years since he was laid off from CN/AS, fans have been begging and campaigning to get the guy more work, with many specifically trying to get him back as Brak. Merrill had been making videos with a puppet version of Brak for a while at this point, which just further made people want the
This has actually worked, as you can see above, Merril's version of Brak is coming back, in puppet form, to host Checkered Past, along with reruns of his first starring gig Cartoon Planet.

But how does this relate to Multiversus?

Remember when Mark DeCarlo successfully campaigned Hugh Neutron into NASB1?

Andy Merrill has been on and off campaigning to get Brak in as a playable character in MVS, with a backing of fans so huge it actually got the attention of some of the devs, one of which acknowledged it and became a fan.
Now that Brak is on their minds as a possibility, and Merrill is fully on board, it's up to us to let the devs know that we really do want Brak in this game.

He's so well loved by all that if they didn't put him in this game they'd be in big trouble! Am I right am I right am I right am I right am I right am I right?

1724777327377.png

Artist's rendering (that's me!) of a few moves Brak could have.

A support for Brak is a support for beans every day! Good jazzy gobbety good beans…. Goobety-doo!
1724776939982.png

We Like Brak

LimeTH LimeTH
Greenhorne Ethan Greenhorne Ethan

Last edited:
Top Bottom