• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Up-Tilt usage

Chyunman98

Smash Rookie
Ever since the 1.0.8 patch, Bowser's up tilt could now hit opponents in front of him and has decreased lag. While much better than before, people haven't found much of use of this new perk.

I'm not sure if this has ever been covered, but the chance that you ever do land the first few frames or the last hit makes some followups on low percentages (assuming the opponent doesn't jump right out after the move). Here's some that I believe works quite well.

(Note: I'm not sure how reliable these options are, so correct me if I'm wrong about all of this.)

U-Tilt--> Up Smash: Up Smash beats alot of options and does some good damage. Even if the opponent air dodges, the second hit should stick knock them away.

U-Tilt--> Fortress: Wait for the opponent to land or read his/her attack then use fortress. I don't use this often but it hasn't failed as much as I believe it should of.

U-Tilt--> U-Tilt: Up tilting twice is something that I usually use to remind the opponent not to fall again. Usually, they'll jump to avoid a possible 3rd hit, then you can jump and use one of the U-Tilt--> (aerial) options that I'm listing next.

If the opponent jumps after the first hit, you could try to go for an aerial. (I'm torn if jumping towards the opponent with Bowser of all characters is necessarily a good thing, but this is what I found useful once in a while.)

U-Tilt--> Up-Air: I'm surprised how many options this one beats. This is only if you think the opponent plans on attacking you once you jump towards them.

U-Tilt--> N-Air: I never use the Neutral Air when playing Bowser other than this or going offstage (which I rarely do anyway). The multi hit nature of this move helps countering air dodges and can lead to another aerial.

U-Tilt--> F-Air: Or just go with the forward air. Because it can auto cancel, I'd say that this is one of the better options.

Landing the U-Tilt at all is a problem. I usually find times to use this this when; the opponent is running after me, right above me or on a platform, reading a roll, or attacking someone behind me. There are much better options in some of the mentioned situations, but using the U-Tilt isn't necessarily bad when you want to switch up on options.

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
Okay, this is kind of a bump but I'm not sure if anyone has realized that Dash Slash actually true combos into U-Tilt. Multiple times on Battlefield I've immediately run off the platform and Dash Slash'd right after I fall off. It's amazing how many times this has worked right after the opponent dropped through the platform. It has only worked if the opponent dropped through the platform, but it's something to note.
After realizing it worked so well I went into training mode and tried it with a friend. They dropped from the platform and hit them with a Dash Slash, followed up with U-Tilt. True combo. So then that adds onto this topic. It's a niche situation, but U-Tilt can reliably hit off of a Dash Slash in the beginning of a battle at BF.

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
Up throw -> F-air -> fast fall -> U-tilt - N-air. Not true combo ,but a fun string I like to do. U-tilt is a great move getting those in the air and behind you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom