• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Suicide Move

Brawler19

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any ideas of what would happen if bowser used his sucide move(foward grab I think) in sudden death I mean who would win :confused:

aSoSheik

Smash Rookie
I think when using Bowser's suicide on someone Bowser would win, since the other player actually hits the ground before him.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it says on the Dojo that Bowser would win.

It also says that both Bowser and the person he's attacking can influence which direction he goes, which means it's not insta-doom.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Why are you trying to suicide with this in Sudden Death? If you land it, just hit the ground and your opponent will die.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Im sure if you used this is tournys people would call u a little *****, Ha....

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
It's been stated before that the opponent also has some control over the direction you go during the Suplex (during the falling animation, not when Bowser jumps up).

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
it's not because lucas is so small, it's because bowser was player 3, not player 1. where as he was player 1 in the ganon match.

it seems like there is a bug where if he is player one, bowser wins, if he is players 2-4 then it's a draw and goes to sudden death. (he wins it if he does it in sudden death, no matter what player he is. but then again, he'd have won if he'd just hit the stage too.)

Sess

Smash Rookie
After pulling this off on my friend, I was in a state of disbelief that I won that match so I came here to see if there was a topic on it.

I did testings of what people suggested IE. if you are 2nd player, you will be forced into sudden death and made a video which I will post later.

What I found was that I got that to work in only one case (that's 2nd player versus 1st player) and I did it again right after and I came out as the winner of the match. It seems that this is another element of luck if Bowser wins the match or the match is forced into sudden death.

If anyone wants to take a shot at explaining this, go ahead but to me, it looks that while there is a chance of sudden death happening, Bowser winning the match happened far more often then sudden death (which only happened to me once).

David the Great

Smash Rookie
The differences of the damage the players are at might have something to do with this perhaps? Just a guess

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
After pulling this off on my friend, I was in a state of disbelief that I won that match so I came here to see if there was a topic on it.

I did testings of what people suggested IE. if you are 2nd player, you will be forced into sudden death and made a video which I will post later.

What I found was that I got that to work in only one case (that's 2nd player versus 1st player) and I did it again right after and I came out as the winner of the match. It seems that this is another element of luck if Bowser wins the match or the match is forced into sudden death.

If anyone wants to take a shot at explaining this, go ahead but to me, it looks that while there is a chance of sudden death happening, Bowser winning the match happened far more often then sudden death (which only happened to me once).
if you got second player to not go to sudden death, then i would love to know the details about how you did that. for about 3 hours we tested this and consistently got 1st player to win, and 2-4 to sudden death, from having 0% each, to having wide %s, changing maps (though most were final destination, animal farm, and battlefield, we did do others), changed controllers and profiles, every single time we have 1st player win.

incase anyone else in interested, my set up was a modded japanese wii that's power is tranformed from AUS to ***.
the firmware was 3.1J, updated with the 15% method, and the disk was a burned copy of the 1st layer of brawl. i would think that only the fact that it was DVD5 could have any effect, but the others might some how have effected it, so i listed them anyway, other then not being able to do SSE and having the game crash after completeing classic or allstar, being DVD5 has not caused anyother problems, but if you say that you got player 2 to win, not draw with this, i'm not sure if it's related.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
Such a mysterious move....................................................................................................................................................... What? Too many full stops?

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
I've said this in another thread, but so far while playing this, my opponent has had ZERO control over where the Suplex lands. They have been unable to DI it at all.

nelohalo

Smash Rookie
I too said this in another thread, and this move seems a candidate for spamming.

If you are ahead in stocks at any point, you can suicide jump until the match is over.

If you have a very high %, you can suicide and reset both %'s to zero.

If you have a very high % after Ko'ing an opponent, suicide jump before he has a chance to finish the job.

Any thoughts?

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
My thoughts are; Unless they fix the bug that makes an opponent unable to DI the suplex, Bowzer will most likely be banned from tournament play.

Yatta Dante

Smash Cadet
What if you are not supposed to normal DI? What about pressing some buttons? Has everything been tried when being slammed?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I've said this in another thread, but so far while playing this, my opponent has had ZERO control over where the Suplex lands. They have been unable to DI it at all.
You must be doing something wrong, though I can't imagine what. Gimpy, my friends who own the game, and many other online sources have all reported that the opponent can easily DI to avoid the kill. If Bowser grabs you and tries to slam you off stage, simply hold in the opposite direction and your trajectory will apparently be directly straight up and down. The only way to get killed by it is to either not DI at all or purposely DI to your death. This is not conjecture or any kind of guess-- it has been confirmed by many players who own the game already.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
You must be doing something wrong, though I can't imagine what. Gimpy, my friends who own the game, and many other online sources have all reported that the opponent can easily DI to avoid the kill. If Bowser grabs you and tries to slam you off stage, simply hold in the opposite direction and your trajectory will apparently be directly straight up and down. The only way to get killed by it is to either not DI at all or purposely DI to your death. This is not conjecture or any kind of guess-- it has been confirmed by many players who own the game already.
I'd actually say I'm doing something right! ;) I probably just have a bugged copy of the game or something.

Top Bottom