• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsers Down B: the set up hit at the beginning hits people who are in a knockdown state

atzero

Smash Cadet
If you don't know, Bowsers Down B is a two part move. He does this little set up attack at the very beginning that puts people right underneath him, then he bowser bombs them.

That set up attack will hit people laying on the ground in knockdown state. I just learned this today so I thought others might no know too.

It's a fantastic way to punish missed techs.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Brawl only, because Melee didn't have the rising hit.

However, it was pretty useless in Brawl because the first hit of Bomb didn't even combo into the 2nd hit properly.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Brawl only, because Melee didn't have the rising hit.

However, it was pretty useless in Brawl because the first hit of Bomb didn't even combo into the 2nd hit properly.
Probably the biggest facepalm moment of Brawl (aside from the entire SSE) was the first time I saw a CPU airdodge the bomb on the way down after the first hitbox landing...

It's like Sakurai built Bowser around the idea that he's a badguy so he should always lose...

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Probably the biggest facepalm moment of Brawl (aside from the entire SSE) was the first time I saw a CPU airdodge the bomb on the way down after the first hitbox landing...

It's like Sakurai built Bowser around the idea that he's a badguy so he should always lose...
Blame Nintendo for that. I mean seriously, look at Mario games and how much Bowser commits to his sinister plans of trying to beat Mario in a fair fight where he gives Mario an option that allows him to win. Except in Paper Mario, where he actually got smart and used deception to get the upper hand.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
Blame Nintendo for that. I mean seriously, look at Mario games and how much Bowser commits to his sinister plans of trying to beat Mario in a fair fight where he gives Mario an option that allows him to win. Except in Paper Mario, where he actually got smart and used deception to get the upper hand.
Well it's the never-ending-story of the good guy always beating the bad guy with a happy ending. We are getting used to it.

Top Bottom