• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser with rage effect is pretty stupid

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is one of the best chars that can abuse rage effect to its full power. With the rage, you can kill under 100% like piece of cake or be lazy and kill at 130% with F-tilt.

Did i mention Bowser deals more damage too with rage effect ?

Bowser with a stock advantage is a real terror. All of my opponents are complaining about Bowser and his rage effect synergy every time I win.

Go get them guys, play defensively when you are ahead. It is that stupid.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If we Bowser's can get bodied to death I think it's all fair game honestly. Besides the toughest Bowser to face is a defensive one. So a defensive raging Bowser is truly a force to be reckoned with. And if we can use this fear to our advantage more power to us since we lost our fear factor on Flying Slam. Makes the opponent really think twice about going for the kill.

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
Fully charged rage F-Smash kills at 30% I managed to pull off fully charged F-smash, cuz I bursted their shield with Bowser Bomb. That was beautiful.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Besides the toughest Bowser to face is a defensive one.
Even if your opponent has projectiles, when you're in the lead, especially a stock lead, there's pressure on them to make up the difference, and most projectiles do not deal very much damage without hitting a lot of them, so if you're effective at powershielding and clanking then the best option is usually to sit on your lead. Especially if you are a stock ahead and at K.O percents, there are even fewer projectiles that actually K.O and even in that case, they will usually have to set it up somehow before they would be able to use it unless they catch you sleeping or something. Generally this means closing in to make it harder to react to, or getting you offstage or into the air with a throw, they could also try to frame trap you with it, but generally as long as you're effective at proper turtling, it's not easy to get a raw K.O on Bowser. However, this applies to most characters, and you'll often notice that the players who win most consistently are the ones who exhibit the most patience, the rage effect really rewards that type of play when you're in the lead or if you're coming back. It can also reward risk taking very well if you manage to successfully connect with a riskier option but that comes at the price of any punish you take being multiplied by the same amount.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So yeah just played a couple FG matches and at full rage on mid weights I am KOing them with Whirling Fortress when they reach the 130%-140% range. Crazy. I love it.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
I did some friendlies yesterday and I killed with Jab at the edge. I was at 163% and my opponent 147%, it was hilarious (he was a Robin player).

So yeah just played a couple FG matches and at full rage on mid weights I am KOing them with Whirling Fortress when they reach the 130%-140% range. Crazy. I love it.
Love it too ! Fortress become an awesome killmove with Rage if you didn't stale it too much. Also you have B/F-throw near the edge as an option.

When you are ahead and you play a match-up defensively, things become a loooooot easier. The nerfs to Sheik and Rosalina are even more helpful when you know Bowser can live to 200% (maybe not Rosalina) to those chars.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Jab KOs are pretty funny. That would NEVER happen in Brawl.

Top Bottom