• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Up-Throw Analysis [Patch 1.1.3]

Guide Bowser Up-Throw Analysis [Patch 1.1.3]

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
Okay, this was pretty dang cool. I honestly didn't think that watching the shell could be so helpful, kudos to you for finding this!

RetroTurtle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Retro Turtle
Watching the shell is rarely guaranteed,I may have messed up my explanation a bit. People will almost always DI away so you don't really have to watch for it, the only thing you really have to look for is if they stay to the middle more towards the back of the shell, it's really noticeable when they don't bounce around as much, otherwise they'll most definitely be DI-ing away

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
This is really great! A good explanation of when and how bair comes into play. A good explanation on how to get the conditioning to get a fair and even a reset! I also never thought to dash forward a bit when people are heavily DIing at high percents. I don't totally get the DI read stuff but it could be a great help. The only thing that's missing here is a discussion on dair. I know you need a read to get it, but what should you be looking out for? I think you can get like 40% kills on the edge so its worth at least investigating.

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
This is really great! A good explanation of when and how bair comes into play. A good explanation on how to get the conditioning to get a fair and even a reset! I also never thought to dash forward a bit when people are heavily DIing at high percents. I don't totally get the DI read stuff but it could be a great help. The only thing that's missing here is a discussion on dair. I know you need a read to get it, but what should you be looking out for? I think you can get like 40% kills on the edge so its worth at least investigating.

Agreed! I got one last night messing around with friends in FG at 14:20 in this video:

http://www.twitch.tv/arcticfox14/v/31815330

When I'm not on my phone later I'm going to look closely at it to see if the Zelda was DI'ing away or not and if she could have done something to avoid it. Of course facing the edge and being very near to it appears to be essential.

Top Bottom