• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. needs to be in this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

B!squick

Smash Master
Let's face it. Bowser wasn't good in Melee. He wasn't good in Brawl. There's no reason to think this trend will change for SSB4 and the As of Now Unknown Subtitle. Fine. Then give us (one of) his son(s) and make him awesome.

I think he's a great choice. He's the only repeat Mario villain that's had more than a background roll (see: the other Koopalings). He's appeared in other party games. And he just looks so boss in that bandanna.

... Okay, well, maybe a little more cute than deadly, but still. >_>

I'd imagine his play style would be similar to Squirtle only a bit slower, a bit more power, and would use his paint brush in some fashion along with shooting actual fireballs. Not only would I be able to play (a) Bowser and not feel like I'm crippling myself, but this also works because I don't think Pokemon Trainer should be in the next game.

Let me be clear: I have nothing against PT outside of Smash nor in it. In fact, I think they should do a Pokemon game in the style of Smash so we can all finally live out our dream of using Pokemon in the same way they do in the show. I just don't think he's right for Smash as far as franchise representation. We already have Pikachu, the real star of the TV show; Jigglypuff, the odd favorite; and Lucario, the movie promo Pokemon. While PT is the one with the most direct connection to a Pokemon game (Yellow Version not withstanding) and it is the first one (er, ones), it's also the one with the most glitches, most broken game play (only one Dragon move that does set damage, no good Bug moves, Psychic types OP as ****), and it was the only generation that didn't carry over to the next game (not 100% sure on this).

You might argue that it's disconnection with the rest of the series is what makes it special, but I just have a feeling that they'd rather just forget about those first games. You might also argue that the Super Mario franchise has enough representation with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser and that's a fair point. But this is the Nintendo franchise. Of course it's going to have a lot of representation.

I digress though. Bowser Jr., as a character, is way more fleshed out that other characters that are in the Smash games and could be in the Smash games. He's from the flagship series. And I think he just in general could be a lot of fun to play.

What say you Smash Boards?

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, missed the already existing Bowser Jr. thread. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom