• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr is the example of how you declonify potential clones.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Give it other elements it can use. I have anti-clone movesets for Dark pit, Dark Samus and Dry Bowser. Dark pit can use the variety of weaponry, Dark Samus could use Phazon, and Dry Bowser could use his bones,and undead enemy powers like falling apart then reforming to Counter you. Too bad Clones take way less time, or they would have no excuse.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I'm not sure what you're trying to say in any way.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I'm not sure what you're trying to say in any way.
As in it's possible to give the clones the tools the original either doesn't use or doesn't have access to. Samus dosen't use Phazon, Bowser isn't undead and doesn't use the Clown Car, Pit uses only a small amount of weaponry from his game, Like Isaid there is enough to make a moveset for Dark Pit out of pure weaponry. Those were just examples. Another would be Dark Link, with Link using only 3 of his possible equips. DarkLink could use Buff potions, Cuccos(yes really), and other crazy stuff along with his Sword and Shield.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
yar, I mean I understand the current clones being clones.

My biggest fear is getting a great character announced that SHOULD be an original moveset and then finding out they're a clone. Jr easily COULD HAVE BEEN, but I'm so glad he wasn't. I'd be very upset if Dixie shows up and ends up being a Diddy clone.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
yar, I mean I understand the current clones being clones.

My biggest fear is getting a great character announced that SHOULD be an original moveset and then finding out they're a clone. Jr easily COULD HAVE BEEN, but I'm so glad he wasn't. I'd be very upset if Dixie shows up and ends up being a Diddy clone.
If Dixie ends up a Diiddy clone i'm gonna riot. This is the kind of stuff taking away slots for Ghirahim(lol), Bandana Dee(I wish), and Ridley(:sadeyes:)? I don't play the DK series but i'm pretty sure she has enough to distinguish herself.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
On the note of Dixie Kong, two words: ponytail propeller.

Also as far as clones are concerned, I do wish Dark Pit did have some more distinguishing features, at least Falco and Ganondorf have enough differences to differentiate them a little bit.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
On the note of Dixie Kong, two words: ponytail propeller.

Also as far as clones are concerned, I do wish Dark Pit did have some more distinguishing features, at least Falco and Ganondorf have enough differences to differentiate them a little bit.
When people are arguing that Wolf is a clone because specials, i'm not sure many people will agree on you with that. i do though. Falco and Ganon are still semi-cones, but barely. Lucina has the same framerates,t he only difference being the lack of a sweetspot different taunts and voice acting, and a lack of range. She is the cloniest of clones by far, all others had one thing that wasn't the exact same. Dark Pit all have the same or similar move, but Electroshock is different, silver Bow is different, and power of flight goes further. they have miniscule differences and are clones, but not to the extent of Martha and her sister:troll:

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
When people are arguing that Wolf is a clone because specials, i'm not sure many people will agree on you with that. i do though. Falco and Ganon are still semi-cones, but barely. Lucina has the same framerates,t he only difference being the lack of a sweetspot different taunts and voice acting, and a lack of range. She is the cloniest of clones by far, all others had one thing that wasn't the exact same. Dark Pit all have the same or similar move, but Electroshock is different, silver Bow is different, and power of flight goes further. they have miniscule differences and are clones, but not to the extent of Martha and her sister:troll:
Power of flight does NOT go further. At all. It's very confirmed at this point. The only thing I know for a fact personally thats different besides that is that while ftilt does the exact same damage, pits tilt kills 30% sooner than dark pits on sweet spot(130ish vs 160). I've heard one of them has a stronger Fthrow, but i haven't personally confirmed, and given all the bad data going around on them, i'm not willing to say much until i test.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Power of flight does NOT go further. At all. It's very confirmed at this point. The only thing I know for a fact personally thats different besides that is that while ftilt does the exact same damage, pits tilt kills 30% sooner than dark pits on sweet spot(130ish vs 160). I've heard one of them has a stronger Fthrow, but i haven't personally confirmed, and given all the bad data going around on them, i'm not willing to say much until i test.
Well, someomne with bad data told me that. Same person who said that Mega Man's Buster charges faster, goes farther, does more dmage and knockback, and starts off bigger. Yeah.... Obviously that's bad info.

Last edited:

Bralef

Smash Cadet
If Dixie ends up a Diiddy clone i'm gonna riot. This is the kind of stuff taking away slots for-.
Stop that. There are no "slots." It's not "Well, we were going to put in Ghirahim, but we decided on Dr. Mario instead, and we can only have X amount of characters." It's "Is Ghirahim worth putting in the game?" Not to mention the fact that clones require considerably less effort and resources to implement compared to unique characters, meaning that even if there were "slots", a clone making it in doesn't necessarily mean a unique character could have made it in their place.

There's no finite number of slots to be "taken up" by characters. I mean, theoretically there are the limits of the system itself, but I think that number far extends any amount we'll see in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I like an aesthetically-pleasing character select screen, too, but making it look cluttered is really the only consequence of having clones take up an additional space.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Stop that. There are no "slots." It's not "Well, we were going to put in Ghirahim, but we decided on Dr. Mario instead, and we can only have X amount of characters." It's "Is Ghirahim worth putting in the game?" Not to mention the fact that clones require considerably less effort and resources to implement compared to unique characters, meaning that even if there were "slots", a clone making it in doesn't necessarily mean a unique character could have made it in their place.

There's no finite number of slots to be "taken up" by characters. I mean, theoretically there are the limits of the system itself, but I think that number far extends any amount we'll see in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I like an aesthetically-pleasing character select screen, too, but making it look cluttered is really the only consequence of having clones take up an additional space.
I know this all. Sorry. That wasn't what i emant. For example, sakurai said that if he scrapped some Melee clones he could have gotten Pit and/or King Dedede in Melee. There is no limit to slots, but it's a metaphor. Ghirahim may not be worth putting in the game, but how about a different character that is one of the most wanted? Rather than two clones that significantly less people liked. I know they take less work, and if they didn't clones obviously wouldn't exist. I'm not stupid(at least not THAT stupid). But it doesn't mean i'll like it. I know there's someone who preffered Dr. Clonio, Pitooueh and Leukena over Hazardley. But not me. So i'll rephrase that:

I mean these are the things taking up the slots time that could be used to make Ghirahim(lol), Bandana Dee(I wish), and Ridley(:sadeyes:). Maybe 3 clones is less work than 1 character. But if it wasn't, than Ridley would have had a chance. And if it is, oh well. I'll still riot if we ends up with more clones as DLC.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What does this have to do with Bowser Jr. ??? :woman:

Comorant

Smash Cadet
Ridley isn't in the game, end of story. You know who is in the game? Bowser Jr. You know what this sub-forum in particular is for? Bowser Jr. Lets talk about him instead shall we?

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Ridley isn't in the game, end of story. You know who is in the game? Bowser Jr. You know what this sub-forum in particular is for? Bowser Jr. Lets talk about him instead shall we?
We weren't even talking about Ridley...

I don't even get what you mean. If you mean that we derailed a bit, ok.

LucasBlitz

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasBlitz
3DS FC
4141-3310-4813
I believe the opening point is missing fr this thread. Why is Bowser Jr the example as to declonify clones? Simple. Unique character with every one of his costumes being a koopa kid. Now nintendo could have gone and just cloned Bowser Jr and say made Larry's Rthrow stronger and we have another Dark Pit, Lucina, or Dr. Mario who have the exact same moveset as their counterpart but with only one thing changed.
(Least that's what I think)

Top Bottom