• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Character Evaluation. Please contribute.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys,

In an effort to establish character rankings and Tiers, I want to evaluate some categories for each character and compare the composite scores. So, can you guys please rate Bowser on these things and debate until you can come to a relative agreement about Bowser potential/worth.

Categories include

Range-
Power-
Throws-
Speed-
Recovery-
weight/size-

This is my write-up about DK, so, think of this as an example. =)

Alright Kong soldiers Let's do this.
DK rating. Please contribute, defend, and discuss until we all can come to a conclusion.

Categories include

Range- 7
Power- 10
Throws- 7
Speed- 4
Recovery- 6
weight/size- 6

Range= 7
Overall DK's range is MUCH MUCH better, but not best. Ftilt, Fsmash, Bair,downB and dashing grapple are best best ranged moves. Which, isn't bad might I add. I would give Olimar or pit a 10. Definitely above average. Anyone want to disagree on 7 of 10?

Power= 10
Yes I will agree that IKE and Lucas have A heavier smash but how often is that going to hit compared to a massive Fair, Fsmash, sideB or Donkey Punch from our beloved ape? DK is POWERFUL! SA Frames FTW. groundedupB does MASSIVE damage btw. I would give Ganondorf a 10, but also deserves a 10 due to his excessive amount of KO moves.

Throw= 7
DK has NUMEROUS effective options, including SA frames on cargo, stage spike, Wall infinites, a Btoss that CAN kill, throw from ledge... It's just that everything is so situational making his most valuable options sometimes unreliable. I would give IC and D3 a 10 for for 1 throw 1 death occurances.

Speed= 4
Assuming average is 5, I feel DK is just below average as his dash and foxtrot actually get his butt moving, while his startup and range really compensate for his overall speed. It is fair and slightly below par. Dsmash comes out FAST though. I would obviously give Sonic a 10.

Recovery= 6
Yes he only has two jumps, but spinning Kong is AMAZING, you will always have a chance to grab ledge, + you have invincibility frames on start-up, and sideB delays so you can prevent from getting gimped so much. The only thing keeping DK from a 7-10 recovery is a lack of 5 jumps as he has NO WAY of coming back from under the stage. lol. 10 in recovery goes to Pit and Metaknight BTW. His is pretty predictable though and gets spiked easily. =(

weight/size=7
His weight is amazingly heavy, but he is soo big that people can tech chase, ledge guard, chain throw and combo him EASY. He gets hit often but it takes more to kill him. UPDATE, he just lives soo loong against people with weak KO's, he can survuve ~250%, that's impressive.

I feel Dk's disadvantages really make this fight easy for his opponents, as his overall size makes combo's easy and his recovery can be very predictable... death. Prone to spikes too. This is why he isn't higher in value.

Composite score for the moment is
7+10+7+4+6+6= 40/60

Top Bottom