• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser back kick is overpowered

Eggimannd

Smash Rookie
Bowser back kick is overpowered.
why is this thing so strong? It kills characters at around 60% across the map

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, the move is also heavily projected. Lots of build up compared to other characters. More than enough time to prep to avoid.

Just gotta get used to playing against Bowser.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I can't help but LOL at this because it's not even the best back air in the game. I don't know where it stands in terms of raw damage, might be the most or might not, but Bowser's bair is highly telegraphed, situational, and difficult to hit which more than balances high damage output.

TehMud

Smash Rookie
Plus you have to get close, turn around, and then hit the back air unless you a N-air to B-air which can be a true combo at certain chars at the right %. Generally F-air scares me more. I mostly play Bowser and his F-air can just end you off-stage with how fast it is and the coverage

Fluidity1895

Smash Rookie
there are only 3 active frames, so it's quite easy to dodge, and it has 24 frames of landing lag, so it's quite punishable

Top Bottom