• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Smash to an Usmash

classic240

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to do a boost smash for quite some time now~
Im only been able to get it like 25% of the time.
Maby you guys am know an easier way to accomplish this move? to a tip?
i know you have to 1) dash - 2) Down-C - 3) Up and Z ... but its not clicking much for me
Anyways, i appericate the assistnace.

tpyo

Smash Cadet
I always do this the same way you do, dash, down-c, up + z, took a bit of time practicing it against the sandbag to get it right, but brawl's online sucks so I guess that's time I had :p

One thing I was wondering about this though, can it cancel to up-smash the moment it connects no matter what? Like, even if your dash attack's been out for a while and THEN it connects, can it still cancel into an upsmash? I've tried it a tiny bit with no success, but maybe I just haven't got the timing down perfectly yet

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I always do this the same way you do, dash, down-c, up + z, took a bit of time practicing it against the sandbag to get it right, but brawl's online sucks so I guess that's time I had :p

One thing I was wondering about this though, can it cancel to up-smash the moment it connects no matter what? Like, even if your dash attack's been out for a while and THEN it connects, can it still cancel into an upsmash? I've tried it a tiny bit with no success, but maybe I just haven't got the timing down perfectly yet
I usually can't get it to cancel into up smash after hitting late into the dash attack, but I am probably putting the input for the up smash in too early.

FuFu300

Smash Cadet
If you have tap jump off, it's extremely easy. All you have to do is put the control stick at a 45 degree angle, hit the C-Stick down, then press Z immediately afterwards. However, with tap jump off, you can't do USmash's out of a shield...

If you're like me, and you like USmashing out of your shield, you'll keep tap jump on. Basically what I do is I hold the direction I'm dashing like normal. Right after I press down on the C-Stick to initiate the dash attack, I push the control stick to the 45 degree angle and press Z.

Top Bottom