• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Stall: Possible new YL AT/Mindgame

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Hey everyone! I'm CA5H, and I believed I discovered a new AT/Mindgame with Young Link.

Now, when you pull out a bomb, everyone knows that you can throw it in any direction you want, right? How about stopping the bomb in midair after throwing it?

What this new AT/Mindgame does is it stops the bomb in midair, stopping it's momentum.

To do this requires very good timing. I'd recommend practicing if you're going to use this.
1) Pull out a bomb.
2) Jump and Throw the bomb forward or behind you about 1/3 of a second after you jump.
3) Zair the bomb in front of you.

If done correctly, it won't destroy the bomb, but it will stop its momentum and cause it to drop downward from where you hit it, or it might drop slightly towards you down to the ground depending on where you Zair hit the bomb.

I don't know the possible uses of this. After all, I was just playing around in training mode, and seeing that I'm not a Young Link main, it is up to you guys to decide the uses of this move and to label it as new AT or mindgame.

Sorry, wish I could make a video explaining. Thanks!

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
I've actually known about this one. My play style doesn't use bombs as a mind game but more of a stall and buffer to build to combos but if you use bombs for mind games this could be useful to you! Something cool you could do is throw a bomb up, air dodge behind it and zair to hit it forward as it's falling. Something to think about :)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
while we're on the topic, someone on Youtube messaged me and wants me to make a "YL tricks video"

does this interest anyone else cause I don't want to make it for 1 guy lol

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
YL tricks? Like what? I'm uploading 4 videos of me and my brother doing some friendlies. We were both sucking but I did ok enough to want feedback. So you better comment TRC! By tricks I'm guessing stuff like tethering to the bottom of FoD and wall jumping to recover and the boomerang glitch and ect?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
stupid **** like dropping bomb on a platform as I jump through + wavelanding simultaneously,

or throwing a bomb out of a shield in whatever direction

or running this direction and jump cancel throwing in the opposite direction

just showing these and how they are applied and stuff. I mean I kinda want to but I kinda. don't. LOL

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I'll see what I can do. gotta talk to my recording guy (Ramz) who has been super busy and now school is starting for everyone booo

but yeah we'll see : )
Loved the vid, TRC. Btw, I was zzrszz. I commented.

Also, how can I beat the IC's with Young Link. They are just too troublesome. >.<

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Thanks Cash <3

IC's... wow. talk about a character I have like no experience vs.
I imagine that your bombs are really good though. same as what the rest of the cast wants to do in theory : divide and conquer.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Thanks Cash <3

IC's... wow. talk about a character I have like no experience vs.
I imagine that your bombs are really good though. same as what the rest of the cast wants to do in theory : divide and conquer.
Btw, TRC, what do you think about the SHFFL'ed Fair into dtilt/Dsmash?

Through experience, I think the dtilt is a good setup for comboes, and the Dsmash is just kinda a good damage builder/killer.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
are we talking about them falling down and missing a tech, falling down and teching into you, or just upon landing when it doesn't knock them down? if not knocking down, I don't think dtilt will actually combo, but Dsmash is probably quick enough?

most of the time when I use fair it's non-combo related, I just kinda... jump and twirl it in their face as fast as the lil boy can do it. Nair tends to do what fair does a bit better in most situations, at least, from what I've noticed. It's still a cool *** move : )

rhan

Smash Hero
Btw, TRC, what do you think about the SHFFL'ed Fair into dtilt/Dsmash?

Through experience, I think the dtilt is a good setup for comboes, and the Dsmash is just kinda a good damage builder/killer.
Dtilt has SOOO much start up to it that I rarely use it. I'm just trying to either get the kill or get the edgaurd.

And I see it better to Nair->D-Smash.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Just sorta running then SHFFLing a Fair>Dtilt or Dsmash. I've found, at least against the people I play against, the SHFFL'ed Fair creates enough hitstun so you can get in that dtitlt or Dsmash.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
IMO Dtilt is only good if you predict a spot dodge or for some reason a tech roll in your direction etc.

mostly for spot dodges. like if you do Bair > Grab, and they catch on and try to dodge the grab, Dtilt for the lolz

Top Bottom