• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Drop without the grapple hook coming out?

Zumakito

Smash Rookie
So, whenever I try Bomb Drop with :4link:, Zair comes out too. What's up with that? Does the same apply to :4tlink: and every other character with a Zair move? Has anyone figured out how to Bomb Drop without the grapple coming out?

I love dropping the bomb all casual-like. It's one of the main reasons why I enjoy using using both Links so much. It'd be a shame to see one of my favorite things to do go. :-((((

Last edited:

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
I guess they thought this would be to strong and they removed this.

I didnt managed it yet.I can try better on Wii U Version =)

D

Deleted member

This has been bugging me, too. I've been trying a bunch of stuff, but it doesn't look like there's a way to drop a bomb with Z without using zair.

Legend28469

Smash Cadet
NNID
Legend28469
I just recorded a video for the thread but seeing as this is my first post. I can't post links. Just do a YouTube search for "Smash Bros 3ds toon link bomb drop" and look for the one under Johnathan Brown. Don't mind the quality!!

Spooty

Smash Rookie
I've tried a couple different ways and hookshot comes out everytime for Toon Link. You can still bomb drop though with Toon Link but it's even more precise now and you can't use your dair to move the bomb anymore. Sad.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
There actually is a way, but it's really hard and probably not useful in the situation you're asking about. If you press grab immediately after you leave the ground (i think it's only one or two frames) you can drop it without zairing. I found this out in the eshop demo a while ago, and it actually seems pretty cool since you can recatch the bomb by doing an aerial, but it's very difficult and somewhat gimmicky.

On another note, if you airdodge then you can grapple without dropping your bomb (just like in Brawl and Melee).

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
There are some stages where dropping the bomb while Zairing might be useful e.g. Konga Jungles, Corina

Top Bottom