• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb/Arrow/Nair Ledge Regrab

Happens2u

Writing Team
I was watching https://youtu.be/VeO0FKLO_Ns?t=4m38s on youtube yesterday and I saw a bit (linked) about a ledgestall similar in a way to Yoshi's egg stall that involves doing an edgehop and performing either a bomb pull, arrow shot, or nair then immediately regrabbing the ledge.

I can be a pretty campy player sometimes so I feel like this might be a good tool, but I can't seem to regrab the ledge in time. I always am still in the animation past the ledge and so I have to use up-B to recover.

Does anyone have any tips for pulling this off successfully?

Phez_

Smash Apprentice
I use claw grip so you can try that. Left index finger on Y for the jump and left thumb on the b button. works for me

If that's too uncomfortable you just need to practice it and do it faster

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
For the nair stall hit away from the ledge instead of down to let go of the ledge. Then hit y with the tip of your thumb and a with the middle knuckle of your thumb. It's kind of like a seesaw motion.
For the other two you have to let go of the ledge with down and then hit y with the tip of your thumb and then hit b with the middle knuckle of the thumb. It should almost feel like one motion when you hit y and b.

derdian

Smash Cadet
I don't play claw but I use claw to bomb ledge regrab, I use the middle of my index finger to hit Y instead of the tip, and I use my thumb for B. It's really easy to switch your hand position back and forth this way (move your index finger from Z to Y just barely changing your grip, and hit Y with the side+middle of your index finger, then you can put it back on Z/R/whatever you use it for quickly)

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
I don't use claw for bomb or arrow ledge grab. Just get the muscle memory down and then learn to do it fast.

I rarely use arrow or bomb pull at ledge anyway because both leave you super vulnerable (they both take forever to do and are super easy to interrupt), and there will almost always be better options. Leaving yourself super vulnerable at ledge isn't a great idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom