• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bolt Tackle in Pikachu's Moveset?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
It is his Final Smash, but it looks way different from what the move looks in the Pokémon games and anime. If he got a new Final Smash, he could have Volt Tackle as his side special. He would run forwards covered in eletricity and damage both the enemy and himself on contact. However, Skull Bash is confirmed as his side special. So sadly this won't happen.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
It is his Final Smash, but it looks way different from what the move looks in the Pokémon games and anime. If he got a new Final Smash, he could have Volt Tackle as his side special. He would run forwards covered in eletricity and damage both the enemy and himself on contact. However, Skull Bash is confirmed as his side special. So sadly this won't happen.
This is what I meant.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Pikachu's volt tackle looked nothing like the actual attack in Brawl. This time, he should just do a straight dash and knock out everything in his path.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, would be better off as a Final Smash IMO. The least I can see incorporated into his standard moveset is having the electric ball surround him until impact with the full charge of his Skull Bash.

Aura Guardian

Smash Rookie
His final smash should be Electro Ball, seeing as how anime Pikachu no longer has VT. With the inclusion of VT in Brawl, it's safe to say they followed the anime. This seems furthermore likely with Pikachu's new design in SSB4. Sure, Pikachu's full moveset in Brawl & SSB4 aren't like anime Pikachu's, but that's because this is a fighting game where moves from a characters franchise come from all games.

Since the normal size Electro Ball clearly isn't big enough for a final smash, may'be it should be something like this :) -
- stop at 20secs to see the full size.

Oddly, the size seems similar to Pikachu's (Brawl Styled) Volt Tackle.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Volt Tackle should stay and not be replaced with Electro Ball, simply because it's the signature move of the Pikachu evolutionary line in the games and it has more overall power than Electro Ball.

And, for the life of me, I don't understand why there are so many eager topics about changing a character's Final Smash, most of them do their job just fine so I'm seriously not expecting any of them to be replaced by something else (except one like Falco). Buffs and nerfs I can see those coming (like the upgrades that Samus's Zero Laser received), but not replacements.

Last edited:

Aura Guardian

Smash Rookie
Volt Tackle should stay and not be replaced with Electro Ball, simply because it's the signature move of the Pikachu evolutionary line in the games and it has more overall power than Electro Ball.

And, for the life of me, I don't understand why there are so many eager topics about changing a character's Final Smash, most of them do their job just fine so I'm seriously not expecting any of them to be replaced by something else (except one like Falco). Buffs and nerfs I can see those coming (like the upgrades that Samus's Zero Laser received), but not replacements.
Well I can argue that EB should replace VT since the writers of the anime were willing enough to replace Pikachu's *family line, not signature* move in the anime. Plus it doesn't have to be that way. Volt Tackle could always be implemented into Pikachu's standard moveset, such as replacing SB, while Electro Ball becomes a Final Smash. Dismissing EB entirely without trying to find workable alternatives is pretty selfish.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
They should change Skull Bash and rename it Volt Tackle and make Electro Ball his Final Smash or rename Thunder Jolt as Electro Ball. I hate that it's not a real move....

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
They should change Skull Bash and rename it Volt Tackle and make Electro Ball his Final Smash or rename Thunder Jolt as Electro Ball. I hate that it's not a real move....
Thunder Jolt is a move from the Pokemon Trading Card Game.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I was going to make a thread about this. Pikachu's side B is lame (really who uses Skull Bash on a Pikachu? :p). Replace it with VOLT TACKLE, give him a new Final Smash.

In my opinion they could easily make it act like in the games. It does massive damage, it could have massive knockback, but it might damage Pikachu on contact. Nothing Pichu-ish. Only self damages on contact with another player, misses are free. And it would probably be quite fast and chargeable.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I was going to make a thread about this. Pikachu's side B is lame (really who uses Skull Bash on a Pikachu? :p). Replace it with VOLT TACKLE, give him a new Final Smash.

In my opinion they could easily make it act like in the games. It does massive damage, it could have massive knockback, but it might damage Pikachu on contact. Nothing Pichu-ish. Only self damages on contact with another player, misses are free. And it would probably be quite fast and chargeable.
Recovery option.

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Even tho I know it won't work, how about majority of pika main let the developers know that SB is Jhoto days. We want one move change that's up to date with pikachu. EB or VT replacing SB........BUT

We can dream tho because in all honestly, SB is just another recovery option

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Honestly, don't understand why people say replace it because it was from the "Johto days". Then we should replace thunder because that move is even older.

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, don't understand why people say replace it because it was from the "Johto days". Then we should replace thunder because that move is even older.
yea that is very true however that moved is used more for the metagame. SB is just a recovery option but i think its ok to have two recovery options

thegreatpike

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-2943-8529
I don't like Volt Tackle to be replaced, because it's such a unique move. The most final smashes in Brawl were transformations or one-hit attacks, so Volt Tackle really stood out as something special and was always fun to use. The only thing it needs is more power, because it's very hard to KO with it compared to other final smashes.

Top Bottom