• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bob Hoskins Mario for Smash DLC!

Bad Movie Mario for Smash DLC?

• Total voters

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
So I'm sure we're all very happy with the newcomers in Sm4sh. I for one was thrilled when I first heard that Mega Man was going to appear as a fighter, but let's not forget the blue bombers last..appearance in a fighting game.

In 2012 Capcom released Street Fighter X Tekken, nothing to write home about. But within the game was something so genius that it overshadows everything else about the game. I am talking of course about Bad Box Art Mega Man;

Taking something from the series that is widely known as being bad and unfaithful to the true content of the games and morphing it into something self aware and imaginative, something so bad it's good.

Now let's rewind to 1993. The release of the Super Mario Bros movie. Children all around the world were excited to see their favourite video game super star on the big screen, their parents take them to the cinema to enjoy a nice evening and they leave the cinema...shocked. Despite the budget and the talent, the movie was not Mario, and if critics are anything to go by, was NOT good. So if it's not good...then it must be...bad?

Bad Movie Mario! He harkens back to Nintendo's non-expicitly video game past in the same way ROB does, and has the same ability to revive interest in his source material the same way Little Mac and Duck Hunt do. Nintendo can release the Super Mario Bros Movie as an eShop download alongside BMM's DLC release, and if they pay their cards right they may even be able to bring enough hype to create a sequel. Of course if this goes well we can look forward to a future DLC release of Bad Movie Luigi, a weaker, faster clone of Bad Movie Mario.

Bad Movie Mario is a heavy character, he deals a hefty amount of damage but in comparison to regular Mario, his speed and jump height are severely lacking.

SPECIALS MOVESET;
SPECIALS:
UP-Thwomp Stompers
Like FLUDD, Thwomp Stompers need to be charged before they can actually be used. So if they are not charged and you enter UP+B then they begin to charge. If charged and you enter UP+B they well propel BMM high into the air, once the peak of the jump has been reached BMM will descend slowly, the descent can be sped up by pushing down. This move can also cause damage to an enemy if activated next to them, or if they touch the Thwomp Stompers during the descent.

SIDE-Mario Bros Handshake
A command grab, if close enough BMM will grab the enemies face and imitate his and Luigi's handshake from the film saying "GLAK GLAK GLAK GLAK!" all the while, if B is tapped while the enemy is grabbed the move will last slightly longer and deal damage quicker.

NEUTRAL-Devolution gun
If tapped BMM pulls out the Devo Gun and fires a quick shot, this has limited range but will stun the enemy, if B is held down BMM will fire a constant stream of the Devo Gun, any enemies this hits will move slower and take constant low damage while in the path of the stream, BMM cannot move while using the Devo Gun.

DOWN-Reebok Bob-Omb
Mario winds up and places on the floor a Reebok Bob-Omb, this move essentially works like Bowser Jr's Down Special, but the Reebok Bob-Omb moves slower and packs more of a punch.

TAUNTS
1. Facepalms and shouts "LUIIIGIIIIII!"
2. Pulls out a wrench and holds it skyward.
3. Readjusts his tool belt.

Final Smash-Mario Bros Plumbing
Mario pulls out a phone and nods, he then runs off stage, and drives back on in the Mario Bros Plumbing Van which speedily drives across the stage, BMM has some leeway over how high on the stage this Van drives, giving him the element of surprise. Any fighters hit are dealt high damage and this move has high knock back, it's downside is it is relatively easy to avoid if BMM isn't clever.

New Stage-Koopa's Tower
The fight begins on top of a dumpster truck, with a moving road beneath it which is hard to recover from similar to Spirit Tracks. Eventually the fight shifts to the Throne Room with the fungus king, any fighters knocked into the king will receive high damage and be knocked back. The next phase of the fight takes place in Koopa's bath room, the mud bath to the right of the stage will act like quick sand, and any fighter who lands in it will have to escape quickly or be dragged down and KO'd. Next is Daisy's Prison room, occasionally Yoshi comes onto the stage and will attack fighters with his sharp teeth and long tongue. The final phase takes part in the hanging vat above the streets of Dinohattan, with cars speeding below. The vat is relatively small but has barriers, so it's not easy to be knocked out. If you do hit the street below however, the cars will knock you back up, but in doing so cause high damage. This stage is accompanied by this song;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkpC_fCJzsA

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I shouldn't want this. I really and truly should not be interested in this concept.

Yet somehow, I find myself utterly, inexorably drawn to it. Oh my.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Uhh... Yeah... I guess...

Is there not one for CDi Link as well?

D

Deleted member

This idea is very disrespectful to the late Bob Hoskins.

Not so much the idea for his portrayal of Mario to be in Smash, but to use his image and openly mock him (calling him "Bad Movie Mario" and turning him into a complete joke) within Smash when he absolutely loathed doing the movie due to the sheer lunacy of the production and had much better works.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
This idea is very disrespectful to the late Bob Hoskins.

Not so much the idea for his portrayal of Mario to be in Smash, but to use his image and openly mock him (calling him "Bad Movie Mario" and turning him into a complete joke) within Smash when he absolutely loathed doing the movie due to the sheer lunacy of the production and had much better works.
I know of Bob Hoskin's disdain for the film. I'm not mocking him, I'm mocking the film, hence "Bad Movie" Mario and not "Bad Actor" Mario. Bob Hoskins was one of the high points of this movie and without him it would've been even worse. I do not see how poking fun at the film=disrespecting Bob Hoskins, God rest his soul.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd prefer Dennis Hopper Koopa.

If I'm playing as Bob Hoskins in a crossover franchise, I expect to be Eddie Valient operating with Roger Rabbit like Duck Hunt Duo.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As GR8 as this would be, it would be an insult to the late Bob Hoskins.

Still voting Yes tho

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
"This is...MY DESTINY!!!!" ~Mario

Oh god, I'm not sure what to say about this character lol

Top Bottom