• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Blaster Worm" virus?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Has anyone heard of this? Last night while simply browsing on sites I visit daily, everything suddenly crashed and my computer was flipping telling me I had a virus. I couldn't open any programs, including task manager. It would give me a message such as:

"Firefox.exe is infected by "Win32/Blaster.worm" and is unable to open"
"taskmngr.exe is infected by "Win32/Blaster.worm" and is unable to open"

etc.

I did a complete scan using Avast, but it failed to find anything.

Asking a good friend of mine for advice, we decided to do a system restore to the most recent critical windows update, which was the 1st of April.

What gets me though, is that talking to a couple people on a computer-help forum, I am apparently not the only one who has been hit by this virus, or similar viruses recently. So I am just wondering if anyone has heard anything on this, or has been infected themselves?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blaster was old. Like 2003 old. Chances of you having it now are extraordinarily slim. Chances of it being an April Fools joke are much higher.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Yeah I read up on it a bit with Wikipedia, said the same thing about it being from 2003. I would have taken a picture, but it would of gotten deleted after the restore. Not really sure how it could be an April fools joke :/

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
I've seen those fake anti virus malware say your system has been infected by that, or something similar. They probably just use the names of infamous malware to make it seem like a legit threat to the average user.

Top Bottom