• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidou with Bayonetta and Bullet Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-dAWG

Smash Rookie
It seems that if a player had Bidou activated (a button that is mapped to Specials held down), and use any normal with Bayonetta, she will finish the move with Bullet Arts held for the maximum amount of time. This can only be prevented by deactivating Bidou before the last 10 frames of the move. Kind of like a buffer system, for example, Bayonetta's first Jab's first hitbox comes out on frame 9, and the move's last active frame is 12, that means that the second frame the move is active (frame 10) is the player's last chance to deactivate Bidou. So if you press A to do a jab with Bidou activated, you must deactivate it before 10 frames pass, or else the Bullet Arts will be activated (side note: in case it wasn't clear, once the Bullet Arts are activated in this way, they cannot be canceled partway through like normal). If the Bidou button is released anywhere from frame 11 on, then the player is stuck with the Arts activated. This means that to do, for example, a Bidou PP D-tilt, the player can still buffer the move, but must immediately deactivate Bidou after, unless you want to use Bullet Arts. Even if it is your intention to continue X move with Bullet Arts, you should still do it manually, to keep control over the action. It is also very important to note that A+B Smash being on or off will not affect this at all. I tested this both with and without it with the same results. I don't know why this is, but it is very important to remember, as the Arts last a number of seconds and cannot be cancelled, limiting the player's options after using a move. Even still, this technique can be useful for extended N-air or U-air.

I don't know why this happens, or any other applications or uses of it. I just thought it would be good to get this out there for any Bidou users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom