• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidou applications?

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace

Aside from the things already covered in this video, what are some Marth specific things? Considering its potential spacing applications I think this is something that can be extremely important to Marth, especially his approach and killing ability. For instance, a tipper fsmash is spaced perfectly with 2 quick steps from the opponent

Last edited:

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
A reddit posted by the user "HipShooter" made a control scheme for the gamecube controller but also has gif demonstration of certain inputs.

One that caught my interest was the dash jab, dash away d-tilt, and Perfect Pivot Crouch Cancel(PPCC) to D-smash. Although bidou isn't game breaking, they cause the opponent to react and you are able to move with many options.

FireJuun

Juggles Fire
I've spent the last few days messing around with bidou, and I must say I'm a huge fan thus far. Personally, I've always been the type that strives to find the best control scheme in a game, so this is right up my alley. The following setup has felt the most natural for me:
L - special
ZL - jump
R - attack
ZR - shield

In "bidou mode", I've gotten the most out of PP crouch / PP spot dodge / PP d-tilt mixup when spacing away. When spacing towards, I've noticed that PP -> turnaround attack is a lot easier to input than quickstep -> attack. As far as I can tell, the difference seems to be quite minimal.

Out of bidou mode, the right stick makes SH wave bounced dancing blades -> f-air (or u-air) incredibly easy. This move gives you nice backwards momentum if you delay ever so slightly. Also, switching between normal/down/up variations of dancing blades is pretty handy.

I'll keep messing around with bidou. Will keep you all posted if I find anything else.

Edit: the short hop u-air listed in the Reddit thread doesn't actually work as intended. It does give an immediate u-air, but it's a full hop instead. Less useful in my opinion

Last edited:

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
Since bidou allows frame perfect inputs, it should be possible to easily use the lagless ledge get up, which adds another dimension to ledge play. I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it could be another mixup from the ledge.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Since bidou allows frame perfect inputs, it should be possible to easily use the lagless ledge get up, which adds another dimension to ledge play. I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it could be another mixup from the ledge.
I was thinking the same thing actually, I've been able to do it much more consistently with bidou

Top Bottom