• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beyond training.

ソチャラ「Sóchara 」

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AllahuAkbar
3DS FC
0061-0828-3959
This is primarily a question for those who have had some success at improving their skills at fighting games in the past. I think a good answer to this will be very helpful for those of us who are staring our careers with sm4sh. I find I have a fairly good understanding of my character. If you ask me about a theoretical situation I can tell you a good way to react. However, when I watch my replays I have no idea why I did the things I did. I see the mistakes clearly. My problem is that when I go into battle, the analytical side of the game goes out the window and I play on auto pilot.

How do you make sure that you're reacting to situations in battle the way you would in theory. How do you train reactions with so many situations juggle and combatted with the fact that these decisions need to be made in split second real time?

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
The best way to train your reactions is to keep playing really. Look for the better players who keep punishing your continued habits. I used to spotdodge a lot in smash until I started playing others who adapted to what I was doing it was tough stopping myself from spot dodging out of habit every time I got punished for it sometimes it would cost me the match you just have to start paying attention to the actions you make in your matches. The more you play the more you learn how to utilize your options and start reacting more intelligent against your opponents. All it takes is time but its going to be a long road so don't get discouraged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom