• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Between a Marth and a ledge

necroTaxonomist

Smash Apprentice
Scenario:
I just got on stage. I'm standing right next to the ledge. Marth is in tipper fsmash range. What do I do?
If I shield, I will most definitely slide back onto the ledge.I don't know where to go from there.
If I try to jump over him, he could pretty easily jump and fair me off the stage.
I'm reasonably certain that if I roll towards him he will see it and grab me.
Dash attack's not gonna work, because his fsmash will definitely come out before I reach him.
Will needles work? I could probably get one off but if I charge them he will notice.
There is a way out of this, right?

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
Personally I would say that shield will allot you the best results. From the ledge iirc you can invincible ledge dash to grab and edge guard from there(assuming he stays in range), or you can fair/ftilt from ledge allowing you to either reset to neutral or combo(again assuming he stays in range). If he leaves range then you can ledge dash and charge needles. You can also shino stall regardless of what he does as you decide what you want to do. Also you can spot dodge said fsmash and punish form there.

The reason I wouldn't recommend needles would be because assuming that you only have one you would only delay how long it will take for you to take a tipper to the mouth or potentially allowing you to enter non tipper range; Either way you get hit. Assuming that you have 3+ needles you would need 15 frame assuming that you are frame perfect with your sh needle. You would want to use short hop needle so that you have enough hit stun for you to fast fall and perform a follow up on said Marth. Sadly everything Marth has beats out all of your needle options in this scenario.

Top Bottom