• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better Armada Shining

Heyzeus_18

Smash Cadet
So if you don’t know already, Fox’s up b startup has a hit box only in the middle of the animation as shown in this gif.

157D5A12-8B97-44BD-8DE4-189E8BC908A1.gif

To armada shine, you have to hit either before those hit boxes appear or after. Armada shining in the first is a lot harder imo because you have to read where there gonna start there up b or react pretty quickly. And if you go later it will still be a bit hard to time. I have a solution though! If you go to fox, and see if your gonna go for shine but are gonna get hit, wait on doing the shine and go lower than the other fox, but not by much, and then do a mid air multishine. Going fast is not what your going for in the multishine, but the point of doing the multishine is to delay the second shine so you don’t get hit by Firefox. This has worked pretty well for me and will post clips in a few hours of examples of it.

Please let me know your thoughts below!

Daladex

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Fox#1
This seems like a pretty good idea, I'm definitely gonna try this next time I'm in Fox dittos, thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom