• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

beta sonic strat

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Ok so i got a new idea, and i have been playing around with it, and its working nicely for me anyway.

I changed the C-stick to "attack" instead of "smash"

for a vet smash player, its EXTREMELY easy to do smash attacks with the A button when I mean to do a tilt.

So i thought since its so easy to do smashes with A, then it would actually be better to have an easy way to tilt... the c-stick.

So far its been pretty awesome.

no more times do i have to worry about accidently executing the slow Dsmash or Usmashes when im tryign to do tilts. and even Ftilt is quite a bit faster than Fsmash.

well, maybe you guys could play with it and see what you think. it does take a bit of learning, and re-learning the execution of some, cstick-smash combos, but its generally pretty easy and most of the time a better idea to use A for smashes anyway.

so, your thoughts?

Umby

Smash Master
It's not exactly hard to do a tilt with regular A. Not to mention that if you're holding down on the analog and press the c-stick down, you'll do a dtilt in this game.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
up tilt is still hard to execute with analog and cstick, and this also makes forward tilt easier, which you cant use the analog + cstick for.

Umby

Smash Master
Tilts are not hard to execute at all. Trading the C-Stickfor a "B-Stick" with Sonic is not as advantageous as it is for someone like Toon Link or Mario who have bairs that can combo and come out pretty quickly. Sonic's bair is a tad slower, and any time using it without the opponent being able to dodge it would warrant a regular RAR, which is not hard to do.

And tilts are not hard to execute at all.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
it doesent really matter how fast an airial comes out because if u pull back and then back forward after a short hop it gives u time to bair before u reach ur opponent anyway.

but i dont see the relevence... u can do airiels with the c-stick regardless if u have it set to "attack" or "smash"

maybe tilts arent hard for you, but whenever i execute an attack i tend to slam the directional stick mainly out of habits form the original smash.

anyway. im not trying to be a dousche or argue about it realy. sry if i come off that way.
tilts are hard for me to execute, and this is my personal remedy, just wanted to share it.

Umby

Smash Master
Oh, you didn't come off looking bad, you just came out looking like someone who hasn't gotten used to the sensitivity of consistently using tilts. Personally I believe that you should try to inherit that sensitivity into your muscle memory. If anything, just push the direction you wish to tilt in while you're doing a previous attack. That way, you'll already have the direction input ready without having to smash the stick off instinct.

As far as C-sticked aerials, for some reason I thought we were talking about the comparison between C-stick and "b-stick." I suppose I was looking at the wrong thread.

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
I agree with the OP tilt-sticking its great. if I'm someone who's smashes don't really shine then I always tilt stick. diddy/ganon for example.

Top Bottom