• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to punish a missed rest?

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
As Luigi, what do I do when a jigglypuff misses a rest when they are at a low %? Should I try for a combo, jab-up-B, or a fully charged smash? The possibilities are practically endless!

Kapapanerp

Smash Apprentice
Generally either a shoryu or a misfire are your best options, as they do the most damage and have enough kb to kill puff at stupid low percent.

Oh... and d-taunt if you're feelin cheeky:grin:

Last edited:

ChexMix

Smash Rookie
I agree with Kapapanerp
If jigglypuff is at a fairly low-high percentage (like 50-60) an up-b or misfire should do the trick!
Not sure if it's also this way in PM but in Melee, you can pretty much kill Puff with a fully charged smash at around 60.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
If the Jiggz has no percent on her, I will typically go for a falling weak nair (L canceled) then follow up with uair and if they DI bad, you can land a shoryu

MURP

Smash Rookie
Assuming that the Jigglypuff is DIing properly, shoryuken starts killing from the ground at 54 on Dreamland (the stage with the highest ceiling) and at 36 on Yoshi's Story (the stage with the lowest ceiling). So shoryuken is the best option at and above those percents on those stages and all other stages are somewhere in between. Misfire kills at lower percents, but when it kills is dependent on stage position and how many times you've stored it, so it's not that reliable.

I'm think that the optimal punish at lower percents involves the dair meteor hitbox. Meteor dair into shoryuken kills like 5-10 percent before grounded shoryuken and does like 37 damage. The problem with it is that it's pretty hard if they DI, and not guaranteed with good DI and good SDI. It's also pretty difficult to get the meteor hit of dair in the first place. At 10 percent and below, Jigglypuff doesn't move from the dair, so after the dair meteor combo using up tilt or up smash, or maybe do turnaround grounded shoryuken.

I don't recommend jab shoryuken, since most good Jigglypuff players will be ready to DI/SDI the jab if they know you punish rest that way.

Top Bottom