• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to play Puff?

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I like to play Jigglypuff on the aggressive side, and I found out that doesn't always work and it costs me the match a lot. What is the optimal way to play Puff in smash 4?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
She works more like a bait n punish character. Use safe moves like Nair/Fair, then bait a punish with a SH Air Dodge. Respond accordingly, and keep the opponent on their toes.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
She works more like a bait n punish character. Use safe moves like Nair/Fair, then bait a punish with a SH Air Dodge. Respond accordingly, and keep the opponent on their toes.
Thanks for the advice!

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I agree. Bob and weave with her and strike when you see an opening. Can't just straight go in with Jiggs I don't think.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
I agree. Bob and weave with her and strike when you see an opening. Can't just straight go in with Jiggs I don't think.
Yeah. Jigglypuff's moveset is designed to punish, not open a character up. Her airspeed is ideal for forcing mistakes. Use C-Stick for your aerials so you don't lose momentum when heading in a reverse direction while attacking.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Jigglypuff is pretty much purely defensive. She has very few KO moves, a poor grab game, and is the lightest character in the game. She's meant to wall people out, keep them from coming back to the stage, or wait for them to slip up.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff is pretty much purely defensive. She has very few KO moves, a poor grab game, and is the lightest character in the game. She's meant to wall people out, keep them from coming back to the stage, or wait for them to slip up.
IMO, the only saving grace of Jigglypuff's grabs is that they all do at least 10% damage. If she could combo off at least one, it'd help a bunch.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
IMO, the only saving grace of Jigglypuff's grabs is that they all do at least 10% damage. If she could combo off at least one, it'd help a bunch.
If down throw was a combo throw, up throw was a kill throw, back throw was a semi-spike and forward throw was for damage, she'd be leaps and bounds better.

Top Bottom