• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best way to grab after doing a wavdedash

brwnhawaiin

Smash Cadet
ive been watchin lots of sheik videos, and ive noticed lots of wavedashing into a grab. ive been practicing, and whenever i press z, half the time my shield comes up. whats the best way to do this, should i hold L after the WD and shield grab, or am i pressing z for too long..whats the best method.

Jayp112089

Smash Rookie
i found that jump cancelling with sheik is a bit more difficult then using the dash attack cancel grab that one offers more distance to her grab but its like one step difference but it could be the deciding edge in winning and losing but just use whichever one u grow accustomed to or whichever is required or just which one u have the ability to do

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
During a wavedash you should be able to do any move, so pressing Z should always work. Maybe your wavedashes aren't coming out very clean?

Top Bottom