• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to go up against fast characters not named Falcon or Mac?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I can never hit then with dtilt or utilt or upb, trying to is like trying to hit greninja's fair while he is fast falling, bair is good but it goes right over than and nair does too, I try to fastfall it just when the hitbox comes out, but due to lmao airspeed, no cigar.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
If they're short hopping too much, try and catch their landing with HS. Most of the characters you appear to be talking about are combo food, make the most of your punishes and try to find gaps in their defenses. Try and find out how they approach, and punish predictable hitboxes with Witch Time. HS can also whiff punish attacks that are normally safe on shield, such as Greninja's fair or ftilt. Make it scary to contest you in the air, and if you really need, put the pressure on and find when they drop shield or shield too much. Given that you're bayo, you can probably outspace them. We can hard outspace someone like Fox or Sheik with our long limbs, and once they have to get in they're susceptible to whiffing altogether, which leads to other punishes. That's all I can really say, feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
If they're short hopping too much, try and catch their landing with HS. Most of the characters you appear to be talking about are combo food, make the most of your punishes and try to find gaps in their defenses. Try and find out how they approach, and punish predictable hitboxes with Witch Time. HS can also whiff punish attacks that are normally safe on shield, such as Greninja's fair or ftilt. Make it scary to contest you in the air, and if you really need, put the pressure on and find when they drop shield or shield too much. Given that you're bayo, you can probably outspace them. We can hard outspace someone like Fox or Sheik with our long limbs, and once they have to get in they're susceptible to whiffing altogether, which leads to other punishes. That's all I can really say, feel free to ask more questions if you have them.
What is HS? Not kidding I only picked Mayonetta up about a week ago.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
That move is good? It seems so unsafe, even on stupid stuff like ganons fair.
It's good to catch landings and whiffed options. The reward is stupid high and it can punish people for doing things that are normally safe, just make absolutely sure that you're not hitting their shield or that they don't have a good low option to counteract it (which some characters do).

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Heel slide isn't an amazing neutral tool or anything, it's just good for punishing something that you know that's coming (aka reading habits). It also makes bayo's hurtbox really small and goes under a lot of things

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Heel slide isn't an amazing neutral tool or anything, it's just good for punishing something that you know that's coming (aka reading habits). It also makes bayo's hurtbox really small and goes under a lot of things
Right, that's precisely it's purpose.

Top Bottom