• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Way to get Better?

Crson

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! So, i am new to the forum and am excited to be a part of it. I am an "intermiediate player" i would say. i am certainly nothing like the competetive players like Pink Fresh, though he did encourage me to main Lucas. i often play with my friends when they hang over at my house. They descent like myself but i am still better than all of them. i probably win about 3 out of 5 when we do free-for-all, but when it comes to 1v1 i come out on top everytime ( at least when i dont screw up a PK Thunder ).

So, i would like to know the best way to practise in this game. I want to get away from my play style of rolling all of the place and spamming smash attacks. This is easily punishale but my friends don know the difference. i try to practise against CPU but it is nothing like playing real players and doesnt seem to help. Do you think any you could throw some Lucas tips and strategyies my way? As well as some good combos? Right now the only combo i know is Grab> Down Throw> Up Tilt and potentially Up Smash. If you know any good play stlye s that would be great! or enything to help my game!

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Hey guys! So, i am new to the forum and am excited to be a part of it. I am an "intermiediate player" i would say. i am certainly nothing like the competetive players like Pink Fresh, though he did encourage me to main Lucas. i often play with my friends when they hang over at my house. They descent like myself but i am still better than all of them. i probably win about 3 out of 5 when we do free-for-all, but when it comes to 1v1 i come out on top everytime ( at least when i dont screw up a PK Thunder ).

So, i would like to know the best way to practise in this game. I want to get away from my play style of rolling all of the place and spamming smash attacks. This is easily punishale but my friends don know the difference. i try to practise against CPU but it is nothing like playing real players and doesnt seem to help. Do you think any you could throw some Lucas tips and strategyies my way? As well as some good combos? Right now the only combo i know is Grab> Down Throw> Up Tilt and potentially Up Smash. If you know any good play stlye s that would be great! or enything to help my game!
If you want I can brawl you to see your Lucas but you need to have the new server to play brawl online.

see you

ZeroPixelHitbox

Smash Cadet
Lucas is a low-mid tier.

What I did with Marth, to prepare for competitive was to watch pro tournaments and mimic Ken's Marth. Then I combined his style with M2K's Marth.

Honestly, original styles are great, but in my opinion, taking the already-polished game styles of others and altering them is good too.

Top Bottom