• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to get back to stage

nasoj

Smash Rookie
How should King Dedede get back in stage beside edge grab?

If I attempt to land on a flat level, my opponent usually will prepare an attack . In my opinion DDD dont have a reliable attack to counter it, so i really can't land safely or exchange a fair amount of damage. (Opponent usually combo me after a hit)

sweetooth

Smash Ace
I don't know, I usually go for the ledge because it seems safer at times. When I'm on the ledge I turn around and do a bair towards the stage then grab the ledge again... kinda mindgame-ish, but it does good damage when it connects and makes the opponent give you some room to work with

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If they are edgeguarding very close to the edge when you ledgegrab you can drop down and do an uair through the stage for quite a bit of damage and good knockback if the last hit connects.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
its tough! your best way is to be unpredictable with all the jumps you have :/

i know its not much, butone of your jumps can determine a whiff or a hit :/

Kawaii

Smash Rookie
If they are edgeguarding very close to the edge when you ledgegrab you can drop down and do an uair through the stage for quite a bit of damage and good knockback if the last hit connects.
That's normally what I'd do in that situation. While you're floating towards the stage though, you can still throw waddle D's, usually can get away with 1.

Top Bottom