• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to fast fall and use the desynch tech?

Uhhh... to my knowledge there isnt a single best way to do it, if by best you mean easiest. It boils down to just getting the timing down right. That being said what really needs to be done is make sure you can autocancel consistently without accidentally FTilting

Keytrun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keytrun
3DS FC
1908-0553-7302
do you hit down to fast fall first? or the a button for whatever move? i can do it with nair but bair and fair are more complicated. which direction do you input first to make it easiest? any tips would be appreciated for kittens :)

I aerial first, then fastfall. In reality it's sh > quarter circle down. Again though, you have to be careful about your timing.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
it can't be FF'd but sh dair will always allow a perfect luma autocancel for every aerial

sh gravity pull almost allows perfect auto cancels, or it might, i cant remember.

i think full hop fair or nair allow guaranteed autocancels, i cant remember which one.

but yeah you just gotta learn the timing if you want to do empty shff. or just sh dair.

I think hes referring to short hop fastfalling an aerial with "perfect" timing so rosalina doesnt even begin her attacking animation.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's the motion you oughta be shooting for in the end:
Short hop-> Tap once downwards, but quickly on the control stick-> while waiting a split second for the auto-cancel timing window, lift your thumb completely off the control stick-> tap A.

Practice the short hop-> autocanceled n-air before you add fast falling to the mix.
Once you get that down, practice empty short hop-> fast falls.
Then visualize those autocanceled n-airs between the short hop and fast fall, and envision your success.

Put the two together and give it some time! :) Practice. Don't fret if you don't get it immediately.

edit: For autocanceled b-airs and f-airs, you may find it easier to continue holding down on the control stick instead of tapping downwards.

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I typically try to short hop fast fall and use the c-stick for the aerials, except Nair, of course. As these guys said, it's all about timing. After I input fast fall, I will sometimes try to use the control stick to influence my spacing while using the c-stick to do the aerials. I hope that helps.

Top Bottom