• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to counter wolf cStick spammer

SmashtasticFraud

Smash Rookie
So I'm pretty new to the game. I can combo fairly well, and have decent tech skill. There's this player in my locals that plays wolf. He comes from brawl and has this really lame campy playstyle where all he does is dodge and do fsmash and dsmash. Getting in with short hop nair hasn't been working too well. Feels like most of the time he's just mashing c stick and it works out for him. I know there's something I should be doing. Sometimes just punishing with shield grab works but sometimes he cross to the other side and I can't punish. Any help with what I should be doing? Maybe crouch canceling, or upb out of shield? I'm open to any suggestions thanks.

Last edited:

Cloudburst

Smash Cadet
If you know what he is going to do, do something that will hit him without you getting hit.

In this case, shorthop dair -> knee would seem to be appropriate.

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man C stick spammers are the worst because sometimes you loose to their anti - meta spamming **** or whatever, but what I've found to work best is to stay strong and play your style while still adapting to their nooby game. In other words, don't let them make you play your game. Wreck house and punish hard, assert your dominance and show them that what they do doesn't work at a high level of play for a reason. Bait out his smashes and do the good ole falcon pullback raptor boost to start a combo, stomp knee, nair, grab, or any of Falcon's other bread and butter moves.

Tl;dr: Make him play your game, not the other way around. Punish him for his campy noob playstyle and laugh as he cries

Narpas_sword

Can stick spammers clearly aren't the worst when there's someone complaining about losing to it.

I mean, they're definitely down near the bottom, but if they're winning by spamming smash attacks it's not their tactic at fault.

Chaloopy

Smash Rookie
Falcon's crouch cancel options are not the best. If you can pressure him to spot dodge or roll, you can punish him. Wolf's spot dodge is fast though so be quick.
If you can make him swing and miss with a smash attack, you can punish. A trick I use to beat Wolf is to always try and intercept Wolf's side B or Up B with Falcon's b-air or u-air. Falcon can reach off stage for gimps, just avoid the sweet spot of side B when attempting this maneuver. Wolf's recovery is easily stuffed just like yours.

SmashtasticFraud

Smash Rookie
I realized that maybe it's due to my movement being too slow and predictable so i'm trying to incorporate more dash dancing, wavedashing/landing into my game to move in and out of his range to punish him more efficiently. Hopefully that will help.

Cuon Alpinus

Smash Rookie
For forward smash, just spot dodge or block. That thing is hella punishable, especially by grab.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
So here is an idea, bait the attack at a medium range and then falcon kick. That's how my buddy got around my fsmash spam when I was learning marth and that was in melee where falcon kick is near useless. In PM, it is a pretty useful move for doing damage.

Of course you could just as easy use SH dair or roll past him/spotdodge/shield and grab.

Top Bottom