• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to beat a panzy Doc?

WindRider

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, but other then trying to time the needles, what is the best way to beat a doc that just wave dashes away and pills, then when your finally high enough they shorthop and fair or nair you? I'm good at shield reflection, but because the pills spin, it very rarely pulls off (although when it does, he is mine and dead) When he reaches the end of the stage, he jumps over and nairs, then continues to pill (this is the most annoying tactic ever, seriously, any good counters?)

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
use lots of needles and tilt the crap out of him. chain grabbing also works but if he is good than he can nair out of the initial bounce on the floor before you get to him. but just use lots of tilts since he is light and can easily be juggled. and just be as gay as you can.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Your stall is better than his because you're faster. Wave dash in between the pills, needle him, **** him with your speed. It's very hard for Doc when Sheik is in close, because grabs own him so badly and he becomes really predictable.

WindRider

Smash Rookie
mmmks

Thank you for responding.... but....

Seeing as we rarely spawn side by side, and anytime he or i dies, its an open invitation, the whole "Don't let him pill spam?" thing doesn't really work...

He jumps and pills along with ground pills (which makes the timing thing nearly impossible, otherwise I'd **** him every time he tried to do it) My mind games don't work as well when the whole backwards wavedash option is cut off because of a pill.

is there anything other then what i mentioned in the initial post to beat him? (exception to the tilt advice :) )

thank you ^_^

WindRider

Smash Rookie
Thanks!

Mmk, pill punching works the best (so long as my mind isnt so numb i miss the punches and try to punch when he rushes behind one.)

Thanks for your help

Top Bottom