• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to approach a fight with a Rosalina?

HP Unicorn

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-1900-5976
I know alot of it will depend on character your using obviously and to be honest I've had the game for only four or five days now but it just seems like I struggle the most against her. I don't know if it's teleport or just her general movement speed(Just different, sort of floaty, sort of smooth) but I struggle getting in and comboing on her. Maybe it's something I'll just get much better at or adjust to in time but I just noticed she's giving me alot more problems than most characters already. I know shes considered quite good.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Rosalina is definitely good, but her combos and followups are hard to learn since it depends on your distance between you and Luma and how fast you can execute each move. Remember though, if we're talking about approach here you have several options. Running, walking, etc. DON'T use rolling to approach, it's very punishable. Use the floatiness Rosalina to your advantage when needed, such as edgeguarding with her. She can do multiple moves with one jump while edgeguarding without falling to her death, since she's very light and not heavy. Her Up B is very hard to master so try practicing angling it straight up, since this is what you meed most of the time when edgeguarding. Yup, like all of us gets better over time, just keep on practicing.:chuckle::4peach::rosalina:

HP Unicorn

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-1900-5976
Thanks for the post and I have to say the part about not approaching through roll is something I've been trying to work on. Because of the nub, I know I fall back in rolling far to much as a crutch. I've been trying to get away from it, but it's such a tempting way to close space. I know it's extremely predictable though.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Thanks for the post and I have to say the part about not approaching through roll is something I've been trying to work on. Because of the nub, I know I fall back in rolling far to much as a crutch. I've been trying to get away from it, but it's such a tempting way to close space. I know it's extremely predictable though.
Lol. Just practice against a CPU on training if you wanna avoid rolling as a way to close space. Start small. Try fighting without using the R button at ALL since roll abusers tend to only touch the R button for rolling. Substitute it with spot dodge, but that doesn't mean you should abuse spotdodging, too. Finally just try to practice rolling occasionally. I know its tempting, but if you keep on working on rolling less, you will get out of that habit. Okay finally when you practice against the CPU also try putting them on Run, and practice not rolling there. People who abuse rolls tend to panic by rolling a lot when they see their opponent rolling.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lol. Just practice against a CPU on training if you wanna avoid rolling as a way to close space. Start small. Try fighting without using the R button at ALL since roll abusers tend to only touch the R button for rolling. Substitute it with spot dodge, but that doesn't mean you should abuse spotdodging, too. Finally just try to practice rolling occasionally. I know its tempting, but if you keep on working on rolling less, you will get out of that habit. Okay finally when you practice against the CPU also try putting them on Run, and practice not rolling there. People who abuse rolls tend to panic by rolling a lot when they see their opponent rolling.
Keep note that the contents that NightPeach is saying is for if you're using the game's default controls.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I know alot of it will depend on character your using obviously and to be honest I've had the game for only four or five days now but it just seems like I struggle the most against her. I don't know if it's teleport or just her general movement speed(Just different, sort of floaty, sort of smooth) but I struggle getting in and comboing on her. Maybe it's something I'll just get much better at or adjust to in time but I just noticed she's giving me alot more problems than most characters already. I know shes considered quite good.
Without out knowing who you play you may just have to take it. If you can't beat em join em.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You just started playing in time you'll understand the mu it's heavily in diddy's favor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom