• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best uses for fire fair?

RODO

Smash Ace
I've tried using this move a few times recently to find it's overall effectiveness in certain situations but it's starting to seem like there is always a better option. Best use so far is a rising fair from the ledge but that seems about it. Any useful applications for this move or is it better off being ignored for the most part?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Fire fair has typically been used to challenge certain aerial approaches that are too high for nair, and too low for uair. There's overlap in utility between these moves, but there are certain approach angles where fair is optimal, both for its attack angle, and knockback. Properly timed and positioned, fair can combo into wacky things like Fsmash, uair, nair, and such.

Chevy

Smash Ace
I use it out of D-throw on bad DI sometimes, it combos at low percents, or nets you a knockdown/stagger situation at the least. I've also had it miraculously kill combo: fair->missile-cancel->missile to carry off stage, which is hilarious.

Litt

Samus
Fire fair has typically been used to challenge certain aerial approaches that are too high for nair, and too low for uair. There's overlap in utility between these moves, but there are certain approach angles where fair is optimal, both for its attack angle, and knockback. Properly timed and positioned, fair can combo into wacky things like Fsmash, uair, nair, and such.
Actually if you fast fall the fair from the ledge onto the stage, and if you get the hit confirm, and L cancel before the last and strongest hit of the fair which actually has knock back, you can auto combo into a fire up smash for a hella ton of damage

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There is that, too, but for OP's sake I just have to mention that fair from the ledge may seem like this unbeatable amazing option that leads to hella follow-ups, but it's actually the easiest option Samus has for the opponent to read and punish, because literally every Samus does it so much more than they ought to.

But definitely keep it in your back pocket in case your opponent is getting too comfy when you're on the edge, and be aware of baits.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I would like to point out how loving the Samus boards can actually be. <3

Fair is also a great pressure tool. Lay it on their shield and retreat safely to bait out a move. Spacing is keyyyyyy

Litt

Samus
I would like to point out how loving the Samus boards can actually be. <3

Fair is also a great pressure tool. Lay it on their shield and retreat safely to bait out a move. Spacing is keyyyyyy
Go &%$# yourself <3 lol, don't ruin a good moment by talking about it, like remember that time where we were all contributing and talking about fire fair and then pizzicato had to ruin it by bringing it up :p

Top Bottom