• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Toon Link players? Show me good Toon Links!

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Basically that's all it is. I have been maining him for a while now and decided to YouTube some better players, but unfortunately couldn't find any :(

I DO NOT mean to say I am the best Toon Link player, nor do I REALLY mean I am better than any or all of the Toon Link players, but after sifting through about 8 videos I was unable to find any one that impressed me, and absolutely zero that played anything like me. I was hoping to find a very good Toon Link player that would show me a better way to play, but most of what I found was lacking.

Please, toon link me some videos with good Toon Link players, the best you know of. T-link doesn't seem to have any metagame at all.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Toon Link totally has metagame and quality players. Jolteon, Aero, Lunchables. You're welcome.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, YouTubing now.

Jolteon seems okay, Aero seems okay, Lunchables is good. Lunchables plays the most similar to me, but with much more forward smash and Z-air.

Jolteon just fishes for kills too much and doesn't have the projectile awareness T-Link needs.

Last edited:

Shrug

Smash Cadet
Do you have the means to upload videos yourself? Personally, I love watching Toon Links and seeing what works on people other than the few people in my area that I get to play with regularly.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Do you have the means to upload videos yourself? Personally, I love watching Toon Links and seeing what works on people other than the few people in my area that I get to play with regularly.
Only have old videos at the moment, but I do have a tournament match with Toon Link I'm going to upload sometime soon.

Here's a target test with him:

D

Deleted member

Thank you, YouTubing now.

Jolteon seems okay, Aero seems okay, Lunchables is good. Lunchables plays the most similar to me, but with much more forward smash and Z-air.
Do you mean that I zair/fsmash a lot? I don't zair as an attack onstage at all lmao, I use it to recover a lot of the time though because of how safe it is. I do however LOVE fsmash.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Also, Lazarond.

But his T.Link videos from his most recent tournaments haven't been uploaded yet I don't think.

D

Deleted member

Lazaronds... alright. I don't think he's up with me/jolt/aero yet but he's getting there.

B.W.

Smash Champion
He's more of a Link player currently. I'm trying to convince him to use both for different matchups.

He took 5th (I think) at UFGT10, but he was using all Link after losing a match as T.Link.

tc1

Smash Lord
I was actually looking for the same thing, I need someone to help me with a few things.
I watched a few aero and lunchables vids, but they are for the most part old. & I know better than anyone how a playstyle can evolve.

Top Bottom