• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best to Worst Legal Stages for Fox, and Why?

Shacknu

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3156 6368- 119
As the title says, what are the best to worst legal stages for Fox? What is it about these stages that either compliment or degrades his overall play style?

Last edited:

BossBabyInSmash

Smash Rookie
The worst stage for fox is yoshi's island. The center platform ruins a lot of his combos, and also there is a slope so you can two frame fox's predictable recovery much easier

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
^ that one for sure. I don't really like Smashville either if the moving platform is turned on (i.e. hazards on) because it creates potential for brutal edge guards against Fox. Without hazards I think Smashville is fairly neutral.

Fox likes Battlefield for the platform combos, they let you string Up-airs. Yoshi's Story with hazards off is also a good stage, not as good as Battlefield though since the platforms are higher up. Pokemon Stadium hazards off is also great, the first one is more preferable for the lower platforms but the second one is fine too imo.

He also likes Final Destination against most characters as it makes closing in space pretty easy. Although I wouldn't take the ChRoy boys or Marth-cina fighters there myself since their range becomes more oppressive. Ditto Kalos although I'd rather fight those fighters there than in FD.

Castle Siege is okay. He can hit with U-smash under the platforms but it depends if you like the slant in the middle of the stage which can either benefit or break certain tech chases. I would not pick it against Snake.

Lylat is also decent-ish with hazards turned off. If you don't like the lip, don't pick it, but the platform layout works great for Fox imo and without the ship tilting sideways it makes for a much more enjoyable stage.

Note that T&C with hazards off still has the platforms coming and going, the only difference is that they don't move in patterns when onstage. Either with hazards on or off it also feels neutral to me for Fox

Last edited:
Top Bottom