• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Quality for Smash Videos

Falcology

Smash Apprentice
I need to know what the best format is, to upload smash videos with the best possible quality. I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Below, I will tell you exactly what I have, and if it is possible, you could tell me the best I can do with it.

My capture card is a sort of cheap, $70-$80 card, called the Dazzle DVD Recorder. It came with Pinnacle Instant DVD Recorder, and Pinnacle Studio Launcher. I currently use only the Pinnacle Studio Launcher, to transfer matches recorded on a VCR, to my computer.

This is the current quality of my videos: http://youtube.com/watch?v=R2vZ-ZWJqRg

As you can see, it isn't that great.

I need to know which of the following to use, for best quality: (These are the choices I have.)

Component, or S-video cable?
AVI, or MPEG-1/2?
High Quality (DVD), Medium Quality (SVCD), Low Quality (CD), or Custom?
MPEG Layer 1,2 or PCM?
Resolution?
Kbits per sec?
Sample rate? (kHz)

The video I showed you is with low quality on. This was done because for some reason, I am NOW unable (I used to be able to) to import videos on Windows Movie Maker, to compress them. It says that the interface has too many methods to fire from or something. If Pinnacle Studio Launcher can compress, I don't know about it.

Thank you for reading, and I would really appreciate it if someone can post the preferences for best possible quality in my situation. THANKS!

Top Bottom