• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Nintendo Owned Video Game Developer?

Best Nintendo Owned Video Game Developer?

• Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem Series, Advance Wars Series, Paper Mario Series)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Chornicles, Xeno series)

• Brownie Brown *Now 1-UP Studios* (Magical Starsign/Vacation, Mother 3, Fantasy Life)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hal Laboratory (Kirby series, Super Smash Brothers Series)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Camelot (Golden Sun Series, Mario Sports Series)

• Creatures Inc/ Game Freak (Pokemon Series, Earthbound)

• Retro Studios (Metroid Prime Series, Donkey Kong Country Returns Series)

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Nd Cube (Wii Party Series, Mario Party Series)

• Alpha Dream (Mario & Luigi RPG Series)

• Total voters

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hello everyone, I have a question to ask the Smash Boards community. Which of the Video Game companies that Nintendo owns makes the best games?

This does not include Nintendo EAD, Nintendo NPD or any other part of Nintendo that makes games, but their partners.

This thread is not for flaming, but for us to talk about our favorite developers under Nintendo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My vote goes towards Retro Studios. The Prime games and the new DKC games were great. Even after some the important employees left, they still do a good job on whatever they make. I only voted for one, but my second one would've gone to HAL. I love the Kirby games and I still think Kirby's Canvas Curse was one of the best DS games that utilized the touch screen. Now that I think about it, Gamefreak still makes good Pokemon games, so they deserve a mention.

Every other company listed on there have had some misses for me.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oooh, Intelligent Systems, Retro Studios, and Game Freak...I have to choose between these three?

I'll just say that all three are awesome.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oooh, Intelligent Systems, Retro Studios, and Game Freak...I have to choose between these three?

I'll just say that all three are awesome.
You can vote for all three at once, that is why I allowed multiple votes.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
Intelligent Systems and Hal have brought a lot to the table, but Retro has made more progress in their current work and potential future work.

The way they worked Metroid Prime into a hit and how they successfully revived DKC shows that they can bring great games when expected to. That's why I say they are the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom